News of Members

A very happy birthday to Mr.Kelly

Today the Bridgeport Fire Department celebrated Kenneth Kelly’s 100th birthday. Mr Kelly is a World War Two veteran who served as a firefighter in the Army Air Corps. We can’t wait to see him for his 101st birthday next year.

IMG_2954.jpeg

A very happy birthday to Mr.Kelly

Today the Bridgeport Fire Department celebrated Kenneth Kelly’s 100th birthday. Mr Kelly is a World War Two veteran who served as a firefighter in the Army Air Corps. We can’t wait to see him for his 101st birthday next year.

View attachment 42477

Ken Kelly and I buffed not only the Bridgeport., Ct Fire Department, but the FDNY and Providence Fire Department for many years together.
When my brother George was on the job in Bridgeport and he was the Captain of Engine 10, Ken Kelly would ride with them
That was back in the 1980s when Bridgeport was burning up, following the busy FDNY War Years

Kenny also spent some time at Our Regular Get Togethers in Bayside Queens

HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY KENNY

Thanks Brad, "signal 73" for posting this.

Last edited:
At last contact, Tom was having some serious health issues. I have tried to keep alive a bantor with him on this forum, just to let him know we are all still here for him, and we are.

As he observed many years ago, whenever a unit was out of service for some administrative event, it seems it was likely to get a first due job... That's the G-man (Guitar Man) rule.

God bless you and happy birthday Tom. To my knowledge you are the only one on this forum to have a specific event named in your honor. You are missed.

Tom wishing you many more & hopefully healthy Birthdays... for those on here who have never met Tom personally let me say he is a very talented & knowledgeable Gentleman in many interesting aspects not limited only to the FDNY .....he does excell in all aspects.

Doug asked me to post these

He think it's E 22. It's hanging at a firehouse subs in Mcclenny fla
Resized_20240311_174120.jpegResized_20240311_174127.jpeg