10/6/26 Pittsburgh City PA, Structure Fire

Joined
Sep 16, 2023
Messages
2,326
Units dispatched @16:35 to 310 Atwood Street, in the area of Louisa St. & Bates St., for the possible structure fire, 2½ Story PD. Upgraded to a working fire.

ACCC911 – Caller reporting smoke from the structure @16:36

T14 – Heavy fire showing from a 2½ Story PD @16:38

Exposures:
1: Road
2: Similar Unattached
3: Garage Unattached
4: Similar Unattached

1st Alarm:
E-10,4,6,24,18,8
TK-14,4
B-2,4
MAC-1
UT-4
I-4110
R-2
Medic-5
EMS-5502
 
Back in the day, Engine 24, Truck 14 and BC 2 were at Mckee Place and Louisa Street. Their still alarm district included a huge medical center with five hospitals, the University of Pittsburgh campus ,Forbes Field, the Carnegie Museum and Library, and a busy crowded neighborhood. I rode with the Chief several night tours then. This fire is a 180 degree turn out of quarters, two blocks up Louisa and quick right on Atwood.

Of course, Engine 24 was closed years ago and 14 Truck was made a quint. It's now a long run for everyone else.

The firehouse was attached to Number Four Police Station. The Steelers used to play at Pitt Stadium six blocks up the hill. When they played the Cleveland Browns, the station jail would be packed by halftime with "detained" Browns' fans.

Andy Warhol's childhood home is about six blocks down the hill across Boulevard of the Allies on Dawson Street.
 
Thanks entropychaser, I enjoy the history of Pittsburgh Fire, as I am not too familiar with them. Also didn't know 14 Truck was a Quint. Do they run other Quints?
 
Thanks entropychaser, I enjoy the history of Pittsburgh Fire, as I am not too familiar with them. Also didn't know 14 Truck was a Quint. Do they run other Quints?
It was, but Pittsburgh no longer has any quints. Currently Truck 14 is a 2018 Pierce Arrow XT -/-/105' rear-mount ladder, still housed with Battalion 2.
 
Back
Top