11/28/23 Staten Island All Hands Box 0451

HC7

Incident Location: 30 Kimberly Lane

Phone Alarm Reporting An E-Bike Fire In Apartment 14A. @20:37

B21: Using 2&2 For An E-Bike Fire That Was On The Interior, But Was Removed Prior To Our Arrival. 1 Dry Line Stretched, Trucks Are Opening Up. Size Up As Per CIDS (20x50 Class 4).

Exposures:
1: Street
2: Similar Attached
3: Rearyard
4: Similar Attached

B21: We Need HazMat To Respond (HM1/HMB/E165HMTU).

B21: All Searches Are Complete & Negative, No Extension. Trucks Are Continuing To Open Up.

B21: E165 Will Take Care Of The E-Bike, You Can Turn Around HM1 & The HMB.

B21: All Hands, Under Control. No Special Units Or EMS Required. 1 L/S/O, 30 Kimberly Lane Is The Confirmed Address.

Rundown:
E152, E153, E160
TL77, L81
B21
D8
HM1, HMB, E165HMTU

Last edited:
How does someone physically move an ebike that is on fire inside a building to the outside ? I thought that ebike fires were so intense that this would be impossible. Perhaps the person carrying the bike was super lucky that they were able to move the bike before it reached "thermal runaway". I believe that this is at least the second incident of this type this year on Staten Island where an ebike on fire was moved outside.

How does someone physically move an ebike that is on fire inside a building to the outside ? I thought that ebike fires were so intense that this would be impossible. Perhaps the person carrying the bike was super lucky that they were able to move the bike before it reached "thermal runaway". I believe that this is at least the second incident of this type this year on Staten Island where an ebike on fire was moved outside.
It may stop but can explode at any moment. Thats why they are suppose to be put into a bathtub. Assuming this was put into an elevator to bring down to street… would have been fatal if it did….