11/5/22 Manhattan 10-77 3rd Alarm Box 877

CBS News New York interviewed one of those firefighters at the firehouse as he gave credit to all four of the firefighters involved in that dramatic rescue.

I have tried to post that video but for some reason, I can not do that.

The title of that news video is:
"Hero firefighters recognized for incredible rescues at New York City high rise"

If any member is able to successfully add that video, whether here, or in the "Videography Section", I think it is certainly worth viewing.

That's an intense photo of the victim with the bar lodged in her arm. I cant imagine the pain she must have been in with her full weight on that, but I guess it beats the alternative. Amazing work by the Ladder & Rescue companies.

Absolutely amazing and incredible. Congratulations to the team who carried out this rescue and overcame all the challenges it posed.

Credit also to the FDNY/EMS team members who transported the numerous victims, including the woman with the impaled window guard in her arm.

Simply put:
“Team Work makes the Dream Work”
Quote I’ve heard many times from Adm/Site Owner - “jbendick”

Credit also to the FDNY/EMS team members who transported the numerous victims, including the woman with the impaled window guard in her arm.

Simply put:
“Team Work makes the Dream Work”
Quote I’ve heard many times from Adm/Site Owner - “jbendick”
Looks like it was NYU EMS that transported not FDNY, but that doesn't change the sentiment.

Did Tom and Jack do that in two "consecutive" years, or were they just twice recipients - and this could possibly be another "first"?

No, they did not receive their Bennett's in consecutive years. They were spaced several years apart.
Tom Neary received his Bennett's in 1975 (with TL 31) and 1980 (with L 28). Jack Pritchard received his Bennett's in 1979 (with R 2) and 1999 (with E 255)

Last edited: