1959 WNYF

Does anyone know which issue of WNYF profiled the then new 1959 Mack-Maxim 85ft tillered aerials in the "What's New" section?

Does have that issue for sale, or does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks,

1261truckie

Lots of old WNYF's for sale on ebay, bidding prices were reasonable. I was able to get a 1965 & 1966 edition in near mint condition.

D

dcampagna

Hey, 1261truckie:

Did you ever find the copy of WNYF you were looking for? We have it here at the Museum and I could copy or scan the article for you if you'd like. --Damon, NYC Fire Museum

T

Towerldr44

Try the Wnyf web site its listed on the Offical FDNY site they have back issues for sale not sure how far back they have but give it a try

Damon.....do you have any acess to any back issues of Firehouse Magazine  ? .....i am looking for January 1997... pages 70 & 72 (page 71 is an add) the article is "Getting Out Alive-A Quick Confidence Builder" by Mark MCLees.....it deals with headfirst exit onto a portable ladder in an emergency.......i have the actual mag i just want to know if you have one could you scan the 2 pages & post them .........i want to put  them on another site for a training discussion .....any help would be appreciated.....thanks.

68jk09 said:
Damon.....do you have any acess to any back issues of Firehouse Magazine  ? .....i am looking for pages 70 & 72 (page 71 is an add) the article is "Getting Out Alive-A Quick Confidence Builder" by Mark MCLees.....it deals with headfirst exit onto a portable ladder in an emergency.......i have the actual mag i just want to know if you have one could you scan the 2 pages & post them .........i want to put  them on another site for a training discussion .....any help would be appreciated.....thanks.

-Chief, What year & month Firehouse mag is it in ? Mark McLees from Syracuse FD ?

R-1 .....sorry i just modified the post it was Jan 1997 & the authors bio does say Capt. of the Syracuse NY, FD Rescue.

R1SmokeEater.......much thanks......i have been trying to get this posted for awhile now .......i just have to work on getting it to the particular site where the discussion/drill is going on.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
It was the 2nd issue of 59 that had the article on the two rigs. However, the 1st issue had a photo of L-24 on the cover. If you need the article, I just purchased the WNYF DVD.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Can I help you, I have it on the FDNY WNYF DVD?