1970's Tower Ladder Incidents

Good morning.
I don't post here a lot but I do enjoy reading all the posts.
Just want to see if any of the older members remembers a couple incidents from the 1970's.
There was one collapse that tore the bucket from the boom at a fire.
Another time a member was operating in the bucket and the was some sort of collapse and the flaming debris fell into the bucket with him.
Was just curious about the members involved.
Thank you for your help.

Good morning.
Just want to see if any of the older members remembers a couple incidents from the 1970's.
Another time a member was operating in the bucket and the was some sort of collapse and the flaming debris fell into the bucket with him.
Thank you for your help.
I think the tower ladder bucket that collapsed was in the 1980's in Brooklyn. Both members shared a room at Wycoff Heights Hospital..I knew one of the members, Danny, and walked into the room...between hospital staff, chiefs, officers, firefighters, family and friends, the room was SRO. I can't remember
Danny's last name or the company they were assigned to, but the turnout was great. Steve

Info from "FDNY
The Bravest" book...3d alarm at 284 Harman Street, Brooklyn. Tower Ladder 111 operating with Firefighters Danny Parrella and Richard Spatafora in bucket when wall collapsed, ripping bucket from the tower. The bucket fell about 25 feet to the ground, injuring both members. Fire took place Nov.15, 1981.Steve

Good morning.
Thank you for your help.

Thank you both for your responses.
I have seen some of those older youtube videos but i have never seen that one. Have to keep checking those out!!
Thank you again!

On January 14, 1971 Syracuse FD Truck Company 6, a 1964 90-foot American LaFrance Aero Chief elevating platform sustained a catastrophic hydraulic failure while operating at a third alarm building fire. The collapse of the boom resulted in the death of Firefighter Michael Ludwig.