2/22/24 Valencia, Spain 14 Story Apartment Building Engulfed In Flames

Certainly sounded and looked like the wind was a factor but I’m curious if this building had the same exterior cladding as the building involved in the Grenfell tower fire in West London. If I remember correctly the exterior cladding on the building in London was determined to be one of the main reasons for the rapid extension of fire.

Certainly sounded and looked like the wind was a factor but I’m curious if this building had the same exterior cladding as the building involved in the Grenfell tower fire in West London. If I remember correctly the exterior cladding on the building in London was determined to be one of the main reasons for the rapid extension of fire.
The Guardian:
' Experts said the block was covered with highly flammable cladding, possibly – along with high winds – accounting for the rapid spread of the fire, which broke out on the fourth floor at 5.30pm on Thursday and engulfed the building within 30 minutes.' 😟

We firefighter in the USA must ask could this happen here. Sadly, the answer is yes. When we allow 5 and 6 story, stick built wood multiple dwellings, with wood fire escapes, and no Sprinkler systems, to be built we are condemning the people in them to an unsavable situation. Sadly, we will have a fire that cost many lives in these buildings. Are we firefighters ready and do our building officials know what needs to be done?
A very Concerned Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired