3/26/24 Baltimore MD Bridge Collapse

The Incident was Live Streamed while capturing incoming/outgoing cargo ships from the port. You have rewind on the live stream. Roughly 45 Seconds before a Semi and another vehicle made it off the Bridge, as per current reports/officials over the air at the time of the incident there was 3 Construction Vehicles on the Bridge.

According to Battalion Chief James Wallace, Sonar has confirmed more vehicles in the water. image_2024-03-26_082322644.png

According to the City Fire Department PIO, as of 7:30 only two people we're rescued, one in critical condition.

Does anyone know if our Fire department responded to assist Baltimore City/County and other area fire departments?
Heard an excellent evaluation of what could have prevented the bridges destruction by the ship. An expert engineer stated, on Fox News, that many bridges have under water projection in place to stop/divert a ship before it hits the bridge structure.
Capitan Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

Apprantley MDDOT was notified by the ship that they we're having problems and a collision was likely. It's being charterd by Maersk, a Danish Shipping Company. The Fire Department was notified at 1:30, while BPD five minutes later. FAA declared a no fly zone.

Really heartbreakingly awful, especially for the work crews and people on the bridge when it went down and their families. I can't even imagine what the crew and harbor pilot are going through as well, once that plant went down the second time there was nothing they could do but watch the bridge get closer and closer.

In the Video You can clearly see the Buoys blinking green in the channel. Why they veered to the left is not known right now , the guess is a loss of power. If anyone is in the water I pray for a recovery And for the Responders I pray for safety throughout this tough operation.

Assuming Baltimore FD & PD have a dive team.

News coverage said Coast Guard was using 2 boats & a helo

In my opinion this could have been avoided earlier, was the port ever notified before the accident that the vessel was having problems? DOT was notified, it would have made sense if the Port was to.

Wonder if they dropped anchor when they lost power and control.

I also wonder what agency has jurisdiction for incident command for this. Seems like it ought to be Baltimore County.

Wonder if they dropped anchor when they lost power and control.

I also wonder what agency has jurisdiction for incident command for this. Seems like it ought to be Baltimore County.
Its a state owned bridge so either the MTA or MDDOT got jurisdiction in this

No Fly Zone is still in effect, officials believe 3 passenger cars, a cement truck and another type of vehicle are still in the water. Six people are still missing.