4/12/22 Brooklyn 10-75 Box 7032 Subway Shootings

For the rundown, E210 (Acting ?) is at the precinct for the EMS run. Also hearing BN70 on the air.
Does anybody know how the staffing of BN70 would work in this type of incident? If I understand correctly, BN70 is essentially a spare BN which has been up-staffed in the event of storms, etc. For an incident like this, where would that Chief come from? Is it someone at HQ that gets sent into the field? Do they have specific responsibilities or are they simply responding in for duty as would any other battalion? Thanks.

I have the link to his YouTube channel. He’s posted 400 videos, they’re typically 30+ minutes and oh man are they WILD. He did a video on subway violence about a month back.

Anyone know why L86 and E166 were told to stage at B42 quarters? Did not seem like a typical relocation.

Were FDNY companies initially sent for a reported smoke condition in the station or an active shooter? I’ve seen conflicting statements.
Either way it drives home the point to never treat a call as “routine.”

NEW YORK (AP) — A man who posted numerous social media videos decrying the U.S. as a racist place awash in violence and recounting his struggle with mental illness was arrested Wednesday afternoon, a day after an attack on a subway train in Brooklyn left 10 people wounded by gunfire.

Frank R. James, 62, was taken into custody in Manhattan's East Village neighborhood, law enforcement officials who weren't authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity told The Associated Press. Further details weren’t immediately available.

What was the original transmission over the air when the Box first went out & at what time ?

From the order:

"The coordination between our Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics, Dispatchers, Fire Marshals, and Chiefs was extraordinary."

No mention of Company Officers?