4/26/14 FDNY Marine 9 Mutual Aid to 5 Alarm NJ Fire

M9 responding mutual aid to 5 alarm Keasby, NJ warehouse fire @ 19 Crows Mill Road

Warehouse is right on the bank of the Raritan River

Just curious, but ...  When a marine company is on mutual aide and operating how do they do shift change for the units on that marine run.  Many years ago I was involved in the Sewaren section of Woodbridge with my township company for a fire in the Shell Oil plant caused by a ightening strike on a 3 million gallon gasoline storage tank and was  being fed by Marine 9 for about 16 hours.  Needless to say I was a bit busy to notice such things.

http://mhswebtvprinting.tripod.com/wrcphotos2.html

If not accessable by land i would say one of the smaller boats would be used to provide releif.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Hopefully somebody will get some good pictures of M ? 9 at the scene.  We really haven't seen any pictures of either of the big new boats fighting a major fire!

I heard a progress report from the marine battalion around midnight saying they were feeding a 5 inch ldh and a 12 inch line feeding several tower ladders.

BCR

If they did not respond with marine 9a which it sounds like they didn't, I am guessing they probaly jumped in that and switched out crews or went by vehicle depending on how far away it is, by any chance does anyone know if on a long duration event like this if they do call backs and put a spare boat like the gov Alfred smith in service at marine 9 or just operate with there small boat ?

Check out the parade of tankers from about 14:45 to the end . . . talk about a 10-70!  :eek:

Bulldog

Bulldog
raybrag said:
Check out the parade of tankers from about 14:45 to the end . . . talk about a 10-70!  :eek:
That's quite a parade of tankers!  I wonder if they only utilized them before the fireboats got set up?  Seems like the fire boats would be able to supply enough water for just about anything.

BCR

I'm guessing it may be the other side of the complex where the tankers were set up but you may be right, it is probably quicker to set up a tanker task force in some places the To get boats pumping