55 engine k

Is 55 engine only ones who ride the side step when going down the block the wrong way to pick up the  member who is blocking traffic when pulling out towards the east side of there house do other companies perform this also? And who are they ?

Back in the 70's, I had the opportunity to Ride w/ 2 BKLYN Houses  who used to do that, or something like it... I knew of another House who Used To...

I will not List them here in order Not to Incriminate anyone.  ;)

Charging in 113 said:
Is 55 engine only ones who ride the side step when going down the block the wrong way to pick up the  member who is blocking traffic when pulling out towards the east side of there house do other companies perform this also? And who are they ?

I wasn't aware that any rigs still had "side steps" that accommodate a rider. If they do, why would a member need to ride on the outside of the rig until they stop at the corner to pick up a guy who's directing traffic?

mack

Administrator
mack said:
69 METS said:
Charging in 113 said:

I wasn't aware that any rigs still had "side steps" that accommodate a rider. If they do, why would a member need to ride on the outside of the rig until they stop at the corner to pick up a guy who's directing traffic?

69 Mets - This video demonstrates initial question.  E 55 member hangs on side of rig until it reaches Broome Street traffic light:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YP5X_NlIDA

Just a guess.... The guy riding the side step is probably the nozzleman who sits facing forward and the guy who ran down the block is probably the back-up man who sits facing backwards. The nozzleman avoids having to get out and let the back-up man to his seat since the old Seagraves had no leg room in the back. Maybe the nozzleman should be doing the running.

mack said:
69 METS said:
Charging in 113 said:

69 Mets - This video demonstrates initial question which has come up before:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YP5X_NlIDA

Thanks for the youtube link Mack. As I thought, there is no actual "side step" for the purpose of accommodating a rider. He's standing on top of a hose well that has a 3 1/2" length of supply line in it.

Whoever you publicly out won't be doing it anymore..........I'd be a silent observer if u still wish to see the unusual happen.?