6/27/2012 32 Years ago Fitzpatrick & Frisby

FF Larry Fitzpatrick RES003
FF Gerry Frisby LAD028

June 27, 1980

Manhattan Box 33-1651
512 W. 151st Street

Rest In Peace

This happened during a roof rope operation.One brother was trying to save the other.

The Fire occurred early in the evening on a Friday night tour i was not there .....i never had met FF Frisby but i had known Larry ...He had 8 children & his Wife was pregnant w/the ninth..... he had been a Member of the Bravest Football Team & prior to going to R*3 he was a FF in LAD*26.....a quote i always remembered was from one of the other FFs that were on the roof that night... "Larry saw the FF in the window in trouble & never looked twice just went over the side to get him".......i was a FF in R*2 & we worked in R*3 during the 9x6 of the Funeral & the 6x9 that night....another FF & close friend of Larry's (Danny N.) stopped by R*3s qtrs that night w/some of Larry's Children...it was very sad....all 3 rigs 93..45 & R*3 were in qtrs....his Daughter Shannon pointed at the Rescue Rig & said to me..... "is this my Fathers Truck?".....she did not say "was" she said "is"....i still start to tear up thinking about her innocence that evening ....i said to myself that i would call my next Daughter Shannon...years later i did & my Shannon will be 25 later this year.........CONTINUED REST IN PEACE TO OUR BROTHERS FRISBY & FITZPATRICK.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......NEVER FORGET !