7/26/2023 Manhattan 5th Alarm Box 0782

2 rescues and 2 squads are now assigned on the major matrix.
you're right, looking at the ann st 10-60 a few months ago 2nd squad was assigned on the major., I just thought that was dispatcher discretion for that incident.

On the radio I heard one dispatcher of Field Comm communicating with Manhattan for most of the scene. But late into the job I hear Billy Ladell coming up on the air. Is he special called for major incidents?

This has probably been answered already, but does anyone know if the plan is to cross staff the SP with an engine similar to the satellites or to give it dedicated staff?

On the radio I heard one dispatcher of Field Comm communicating with Manhattan for most of the scene. But late into the job I hear Billy Ladell coming up on the air. Is he special called for major incidents?
Prob came in on the MCC

I would be curious about which master streams were more effective at reaching the crane. Those at the top of a neighboring building or those positioned lower and how were they supplied ?

I would be curious about which master streams were more effective at reaching the crane. Those at the top of a neighboring building or those positioned lower and how were they supplied ?
l only saw 2 streams in the video and they were not from below.

l only saw 2 streams in the video and they were not from below.
Later on in the incident Rescue 1 called for a Blitzfire monitor to be deployed from below the crane on the fire building. I believe E009 brought it up. The Majesterium captured it in operation on the video he posted on here at 1:13:52 on the timeline

Last edited:
Later on in the incident Rescue 1 called for a Blitzfire monitor to be deployed from below the crane on the fire building. I believe E009 brought it up. The Majesterium captured it in operation on the video he posted on here at 1:13:52 on the timeline
Thanks, l missed his video this time.

I wonder if a real fire helicopter would’ve worked like a fire hawk kind of hovered over the area and one drop would’ve drenched that whole thing

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
I wonder if a real fire helicopter would’ve worked like a fire hawk kind of hovered over the area and one drop would’ve drenched that whole thing
I’d think that the force of that water would be a big issue for the crane’s structural integrity. Some fire helicopters can carry up to 700 gallons of water, and (some quick math) 700 gallons • 8.34 lbs per gallon = 5838 lbs of water. When you add the force of gravity, ( F=m•a) Force = 5838 • 9.81 m/s^2 therefore the force of all that water would be immense at ~57,270lbf.

Although it’s not a helicopter - here’s an example of a plane dropping 5000 lbs of fire retardant on a car: https://youtube.com/shorts/kr_aleHxuLk?feature=share

Last edited: