8/20/23 Brooklyn 5th Alarm Box 325

My former unit Engine 26 was sent to the fire on what was actually a 6th Alarm. Engine 26 from W. 27th St./Times square Manhattan ALMOST NEVER was relocated to Brooklyn. But Engine 26 was the acting as the "3rd. relocator at Engine 211" and was sent to the fire, & Special Called above the 5th Alarm. I feel like the FDNY thinks it looks better if they say they never go above a 5th Alarm. In the "War Years" and long after, a 6th Alarm or any alarm above 5 Alarms, in any one NYC borough was a "Borough Call." In almost 9 years as the Captain of Engine 26. 26 was only called to 2 fires outside Manhattan and rarely relocated, much less relocated out of Manhattan. The idea of moving any unit out of Midtown Manhattan to a fire in taxpayer in any other borough is odd, considering the value of most properties in midtown. If two members were trapped why was a signal 10-66 not given? I hope all the members injured in this fire are doing well. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retiredView attachment 39043
They must have been two pretty large jobs