8/2014 * Bronx Baby Dies - 911 Operator Transfered from Duty *

Again, it's EMS field personnel getting blame for a 24 minute response time. As we all know, or should know, FD & EMS respond when they receive the job from communications. If the job is held up on the other end or the incorrect address is give to them is it the field personnel's fault? I think not. In the 25 years I was in FDNYEMS I saw many new innovations be placed in ambulances. However, when I retired the units still did not have crystal ball in them and I'm sure the City did not install them in the Engine Co. rigs nor the police cars. What happens with the call takers on the PD or EMS side does not have anything to do with field personnel responding. Sorry folks, I just had to rant a bit.

To what I understand and I do work EMS in the Brons when the field unit got the job the response time was 4 minutes.

I hope it's clear in the Title that I used, and, in the News Story itself; that the SNAFU was at 911 Dispatch,
and in No Way implies that Units the field were lax in their Response or the Performance of their Duty.

STAjo said:
I hope it's clear in the Title that I used, and, in the News Story itself; that the SNAFU was at 911 Dispatch,
and in No Way implies that Units the field were lax in their Response or the Performance of their Duty.
Understood STAjo.

memory master said:
STAjo said:
Understood STAjo.

;)  8)

I was working for this one. The first location given was over 20 blocks from where it actually was. The second time was the correct location. I'm not going to pass judgement on the 911 operator as I didn't hear the tapes. But, to save face, the PD will probably hang them out to dry and terminate them. Why it came up as a bad address on their computer baffles me.