8/7/09 Brooklyn Squad 1 involved in MVA

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/08/07/2009-08-07_oncall_fdny_rig_slams_into_car_in_bedstuy.html

A FDNY rig slammed into a car while crossing a Brooklyn intersection early Thursday, officials said.
Squad 1 was responding to a call of a suspicious odor phoned in by a 911 caller at 8:47 a.m.
The rig was heading to a building at Nostrand Ave. and Fulton St. in Bedford-Stuyvesant when it crashed at the intersection of Bedford Ave. and Prospect Place, officials said.
The driver of the car was taken to Kings County Hospital with minor injuries, officials said. Three firefighters also suffered minor injuries.
FDNY officials said the crash is under investigation.

(not much of that livery cab is left)

Looks like the F.D.N.Y should get on the ball and order new squads so they have some spares. If they total squad 1 there is no spare squads left.

If I remember correctly there are no spare squads available, the spare squad numbered 800 is in service with squad 18 since there accident with TL-12. My guess is they will get a spare pumper and retrofit it if it is a long term spare. Not sure on amount of damage to the Squad 1 rig.

Didnt know they were using the reserve squad thought they were using squad 41 old rig.Other then squad 800 and 41 old rig there is another spare squad that they fitted with squad 61 box from thier apparatus that was totaled in 2003.I know that F.D.N.Y refurbed squad 288 and squad 270 this past year but due to the fact that squads 252,270and 288 are 9 years old squads 1 and 18 are 8 years they should be looking into replaceing them so that they have 5 or 6 spare squads that are in good shape.