9/11 rescue workers facing four-month health treatment gap over Congress budget

I have to wonder if our wealthy Wall St C.E.O.s, or our High Priced Politicians would be treated the same as these 9/11 workers. It reminds me of how our Veterens have sometimes been treated. I'm "SICK" at the way our no good pieces of $hit, so-called leaders treat the people that have fought for Our Country, and were there when Our Own Country was Attacked on Our Own Soil.
  Yet, we put these high priced politicians on a pedistal, while THEY get the Best of Medical Care, the Best of homes, Waiters, Maids, even a chauffer. There aren't too many that I'm impressed with. And I certainly NEVER Expect any of them to do anything for anybody except for THEMSELVES.
  I wish I had the answer to give to these unselfish workers of the Worst Time Our Country ever faced. They are suffering EVERYDAY. And we've already lost many. Somehow we can't find the money, but we sure did when we bailed out Wall St, The Banks, and GM. We saw those Wall St workers walk away with their Huge Bonus's two or three years in a row now. And Wall St still didn't pay anything back. I say the Banks and Wall St owe us. Just as We Owe those 9/11 Workers who were there almost 10 years ago when we needed them most. And if those 9/11 Workers weren't lied to by our Politicians maybe we wouldn't be talking about this.
  God Bless and somehow Please Help these 9/11 workers. Our Government appears it won't.

nfd2004 said:
I have to wonder if our wealthy Wall St C.E.O.s, or our High Priced Politicians would be treated the same as these 9/11 workers. It reminds me of how our Veterens have sometimes been treated. I'm "SICK" at the way our no good pieces of $hit, so-called leaders treat the people that have fought for Our Country, and were there when Our Own Country was Attacked on Our Own Soil.
  Yet, we put these high priced politicians on a pedistal, while THEY get the Best of Medical Care, the Best of homes, Waiters, Maids, even a chauffer. There aren't too many that I'm impressed with. And I certainly NEVER Expect any of them to do anything for anybody except for THEMSELVES.
  I wish I had the answer to give to these unselfish workers of the Worst Time Our Country ever faced. They are suffering EVERYDAY. And we've already lost many. Somehow we can't find the money, but we sure did when we bailed out Wall St, The Banks, and GM. We saw those Wall St workers walk away with their Huge Bonus's two or three years in a row now. And Wall St still didn't pay anything back. I say the Banks and Wall St owe us. Just as We Owe those 9/11 Workers who were there almost 10 years ago when we needed them most. And if those 9/11 Workers weren't lied to by our Politicians maybe we wouldn't be talking about this.
  God Bless and somehow Please Help these 9/11 workers. Our Government appears it won't.

Well said my friend. There is a total disconnect between the hard working people of middle class America and the arrogant, ultra wealthy corporate types who run for elected office. They clearly make no attempt to represent all of the people, but rather only concern themselves with the interests of the wealthiest of our country. They are treated as America's version of royalty while the middle class are treated like 'serfs'.

69 METS said:
nfd2004 said:

Well said my friend. There is a total disconnect between the hard working people of middle class America and the arrogant, ultra wealthy corporate types who run for elected office. They clearly make no attempt to represent all of the people, but rather only concern themselves with the interests of the wealthiest of our country. They are treated as America's version of royalty while the middle class are treated like 'serfs'.
Agree with both statements. This is what is giving rise to the "Tea Party" and some day will lead to the "Second American Revolution."

Being a 9/11 responder I agree . I hope the Congresswoman getting shot in Arizona is an isolated incident we don't need anarchy.

69 METS said:
nfd2004 said:

You guys are spot on. It worries me, what is becoming of our country. I remember travelling around L.A./Hollywood years ago. A very vivid memory is one of walled off mansions along the oceanfront. The streets were just all walled off. A whole neighborhood. You couldn't see the ocean, even though the view was on the other side of the wall.

Like Mexico. The wealthy....just own everything, and then there's everybody else. It's been the creeping feeling some have had ever since they started NAFTA and created the machilodoras along the border; they took all those union jobs up around Detroit and moved them just across the border. Corporate greed, with the union guys, generations of them taking the hit; or the jobs after the member retired. A slow bleed of our economy from multi-nationals who hide their wealth in the Cayman Islands, concentrated to just a few rich dirty bastards. America who? What blood was spilled to create this empire the corporations plunder?

America; divided up by capitalist greed gone haywire somewhere along the way. And they just keep pulling the plug on cities...the infrastructure continues to decline....but hey don't forget A-Rod made what $300,000 per swing of the bat, and the Goldman Sachs echelon just made record profits by betting AGAINST America.

Retired F.D.N.Y. Firefighter Billy Quick passed away early this morning. He worked in E 290, R 4, Sq. 288 and L 134. He leaves behind a wife and two children. May he rest in peace. Prayers for his family.

Billy worked in the rescue / recovery operation at The W.T.C. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks. Coward politicians did nothing for him ... he is gone ... too young.

The following was sent to me in an e-mail from a retired co-worker in Florida. This is NOT my opinion:
By Rush Limbaugh:
I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million..

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action,
the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.
Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families
know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't knownow that they have to be in Congress only one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who
placed them in harm's way receive pensions of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this?"
If this doesn't seem fair to you, it's time to forward this to as many people as you can.
"When you can't convince them
with facts, confuse them."
Ron

As usual, Limbaugh twists and confuses issues. I'm all for supporting our troops and compensating them well (while they're alive and serving, if disabled while serving in harm's way or if they are killed in action.) I'm also in favor of the government providing medical care and compensation for sick and dying 9/11 First Responders who put themselves in harm's way when America was attacked. Limbaugh must realize that the money that he says should go to the families of our deceased military heroes would come from taxes. These are the same taxes that Limbaugh, Hannity and Glenn Beck whined and cried about. They all are compensated in the tens of millions of dollars per year and they insisted on tax breaks for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Limbaugh actually sold his residence in N.Y.C. because he didn't want to pay the high N.Y. taxes. None of these three corporate loving, overly compensated mouth pieces served in the military, nor would any of them have the B-A-L-L-S to crawl down a hot, black, smokey hallway or face a dirt bag with a gun. It's a shame that they have the ear of many people via radio, internet and television.