Alarms for January 2011

Based on information reported on this site, I developed a chart listing all 10-75 and above alarms by borough.

Brooklyn "the borough of fire" has a real competitor this month.  Queens only had two less alarms than Brooklyn

Fire Alarm Response Based on Information Reported on NYCFire.Net

January 2011 Manhattan Brooklyn Bronx Queens S.I.

10-75's                   63     82     38     79       10
Second  Alarms         4         5           3         5
Third Alarms           1
Fourth Alarms
Fifth Alarms
Sixth Alarms
Seventh Alarms
Eighth Alarms                                     1
Total Alarms         67         87         42         85       10

Sorry that the formatting did not come out better.

Thanks Kevin (kfd274) for taking the time to do this.

Frank (FD347), I just wanted to point out, he does have the All Hands listed. Man-63, Bk-82, Bx-38, Qns-79, SI-10.

Willy D, I believe Frank means that a  10-75 and an "All Hands" are not the same beast and they should be categorized seperately

You can have a 10-75 that doesn't go to an "All Hands". I think Kevin's 10-75's are meant to be the "All Hands" column.

Thanks for the info Kevin.

vbcapt said:
Willy D, I believe Frank means that a  10-75 and an "All Hands" are not the same beast and they should be categorized seperately
You can have a 10-75 that doesn't go to an "All Hands". I think Kevin's 10-75's are meant to be the "All Hands" column.
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Yeah Deano (vbcapt), I never thought about that. Sorry there Frank, just some guy from 100 miles away that thinks he knows a little more than a supervising dispatcher in right in the middle of it.

And Rob (rdm258), I'll give you a call in a few days. Hope you don't think I forgot you.

Especially as of late, the code "10-75"  is being treated like an alarm level. It's not. It's simply a request for more units. I hear chiefs aides making the same error too:

"We have a 10-75. . .  We're going to use 2+2 under control."

And now a reading from the "Things We'd Like to Say on the Radio" department: "Huh? You just contradicted yourself there Chief. Perhaps you'd like to refresh your knowledge of the 10-codes?"

FD347 said:
You left out all-hands.

Frank,

As they say: "No good deed goes unpunished"  ;)  I put the 10-75's and All Hands in the same basket.  The headings for All Hands and 10-75's  are kind of lumped together.  Perhaps you might explain to the members what the real difference is, and then we could include the proper information in the heading.Perhaps you could suggest how we should do the title.

Thanks,

KFD

10-75 means send me more units -- signal 75 means at least 3+2 are working.

For the subject line you could use just the box number if it did not go all-hands.

Forgive me if it seemed like I was nitpicking. Ever since 9/11 with the retirements en masse and Giuliani time I have seen policies and practices change the way we work. Old traditions are falling by the wayside.

With exception of Staten island, each Borough had on average one working fire for every engine company within that borough.

JT

FD347 said:
Especially as of late, the code "10-75"  is being treated like an alarm level. It's not. It's simply a request for more units. I hear chiefs aides making the same error too:

"We have a 10-75. . .  We're going to use 2+2 under control."

And now a reading from the "Things We'd Like to Say on the Radio" department: "Huh? You just contradicted yourself there Chief. Perhaps you'd like to refresh your knowledge of the 10-codes?"

And 1+2 for a search....which means 2 Engines are not getting credit for work.  This is especially annoying since it takes 2 engines to put the line in place and there is a 10-14 engine on the box....basically shooting ourselves in the foot and providing the city with infomation in which they use against us saying we don't need all the companies we have.