Ambulances in a Hurry

At 3:14 am on Saturday October 7th, the founder of Medix Specialty Vehicles in Elkhart, Indiana got a call from the Israeli representative for Magen David Adom (the national ambulance and paramedic organization). He needed ambulances ASAP. Medix uses Cheverolet van chassis from GM's Wentzville. Mo. plant and converts them to Israeli ambo specs (for $115,000 each).

Medix had 17 ambulances in inventory. By that night, they had been trucked to JFK. By the following Friday afternoon, on four 747 cargo flights and clearing customs while airborne, all 17 were in-country, in operation.

To be fair, I think the limiting factor was available air cargo space (despite the price being jacked up 10 times as much). If some feathers weren't ruffled, I would be amazed regardless.

Ask our West Point grads; logistics win wars.

Thank you for the news, after all these years it's amazing what private/business organization can accomplish.
I'm sure if the Federal Goverment wasn't involved they would have been there Wednesday.
Wednesday in December

Bulldog

Bulldog
You guys actually think that the federal government is more efficient than private industry? You obviously haven't spent enough time working in private industry if you do.

I am rather surprised however that they were transported in military aircraft to get them there quicker.

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
Thank you for the news, after all these years it's amazing what private/business organization can accomplish.
I'm sure if the Federal Goverment wasn't involved they would have been there Wednesday.

You guys actually think that the federal government is more efficient than private industry? You obviously haven't spent enough time working in private industry if you do.

I am rather surprised however that they were transported in military aircraft to get them there quicker.
It’s quite possible that he meant the Wednesday 2 days prior to when they were shipped.

i.e. Ordered on Sat the 7th and delivered on Wed the 11th rather than Friday the 13th