AMERICAN FLAG ORDERED TO BE REMOVED FROM FDNY RIG.

Having served proudly in the FDNY for 23 years and now retired. I am OUTRAGED. I would love to see all the rigs fly the same flag! Pick a day next week so that all the flags could be distributed to the companies and Proudly fly them. What are they going to do? Put the companies out of service? Its time we stand up for what we believe in and what we in the fire service hold dear. Yes, this is a knee jerk reaction but it sounds good to me. One last thing brothers and sisters, don't blame the deputy chief who had to give the order to take it down, believe me, he didn't want to but he was put between a rock and a hard place to do it. God bless the red and blue. Thanks Chief Jack for the post.

Having served proudly in the FDNY for 23 years and now retired. I am OUTRAGED. I would love to see all the rigs fly the same flag! Pick a day next week so that all the flags could be distributed to the companies and Proudly fly them. What are they going to do? Put the companies out of service? Its time we stand up for what we believe in and what we in the fire service hold dear. Yes, this is a knee jerk reaction but it sounds good to me. One last thing brothers and sisters, don't blame the deputy chief who had to give the order to take it down, believe me, he didn't want to but he was put between a rock and a hard place to do it. God bless the red and blue. Thanks Chief Jack for the post.
Something like this happened in a Boston suburb last year. When the flag was removed it found its way to many different departments where it was proudly flown.

Time to sue! I guess we live in a communist country now! Every FDNY/NYPD and Snatiation vehicles should put an American Flag or sticker on there vehicles NOW!
All FDNY Vehicles do have the stickers of the American flag.

I believe every major form of transportation or any department for that matter post 9/11 has been a requirement to have an American Flag somewhere on the vehicle. You see it on busses, subways, post 9/11 the rigs from 2002+ had the american flags on the cab and so on.
Time to sue! I guess we live in a communist country now! Every FDNY/NYPD and Snatiation vehicles should put an American Flag or sticker on there vehicles NOW!

Not to stoke a fire here, but the flag that was removed is not an American flag. Its a facsimilie of the flag. And its defaced.

Im sure as hell means a lot to the members but Im 99% sure there are rules and regs governing what can and cant be flown or displayed from a rig. If the regs say it can be an American Flag, so be it.

Not to stoke a fire here, but the flag that was removed is not an American flag. Its a facsimilie of the flag. And its defaced.

Im sure as hell means a lot to the members but Im 99% sure there are rules and regs governing what can and cant be flown or displayed from a rig. If the regs say it can be an American Flag, so be it.
What about the flags for the MIA's? Should they be removed also? I think NOT.

I think the US flag code is one of the most dis-regarded documents around. You are not to use it for commercial profit, yet how many times do you see shirts and shorts with stars and stripes on them. But this incident does not fall into that, glad to see the COD has stepped in!

USC Title 4 Ch.1 Sec. 8 (g)

“The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

That is the flag code.