American LaFrance / LTI Quint ?

This photo was posted on Facebook. Did either of these Qunits ever see service in the FDNY ?
1705360419344.png
1705360471601.png

They were both in service as Ladder Companies as were the 2 Sutphens at a different time .....the agreement between the UFA & the FDNY relating to the 4 of them was that the on board Pumps would only be used to augment (or add pressure) to a supply Line already coming from a Pumper for the TL stream & not be used for a stand alone Engine operation....none of the 4 ever went into the Spare Pool or were handed down in the FDNY...not sure how the LTI 's were disposed of but the both Sutphen's wound up on Hooper St with one as 119's regular Rig & the other kept in their Qtrs for use as a Spare when needed but only by 119.

If I’m correct, those were both tower ladders with pumps , no hose , no water tanks . So does that actually qualify as a “quint“? I was under the impression that a quint also has a hose bed & a boster tank .

If I’m correct, those were both tower ladders with pumps , no hose , no water tanks . So does that actually qualify as a “quint“? I was under the impression that a quint also has a hose bed & a boster tank .
It does take a tank and hose to make a quint. These were just Tower Ladders with pumps.

It does take a tank and hose to make a quint. These were just Tower Ladders with pumps.
You are correct

"A quintuple combination pumper or quint is a fire-fighting apparatus that serves the dual purpose of an engine and a ladder truck. “Quintuple” refers to the five functions that a quint provides - pump, water tank, fire hose, aerial device, and ground ladders."