ANOTHER 9-11 MEMBER PASSES.

RET FF RICHY EVERS R*2...... WTC RELATED.
On 5-10-22 at 76 yrs of age in FLA.....Richy fought a long hard 9-11 cancer battle with many ups & downs .....just recently there was some good news about another possible treatment but then a further medical hurdle hit.... He had been living in FLA since RET with his Wife Denise who many may know as former BKLYN Dispatcher 160 back when ....Richy was Appt to LAD*123 on Ralph Ave....he was laid off & when re hired he was assigned to LAD*168 for short while then he went to LAD*132.....Richy came to R*2 when we were still on Carlton Ave & stayed for many years & RET as the Senior Man.....Richy had great Spirit & was always in on everything both Company wise & Job wise...he was also a true American Patriot ..... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... Richy was a native of BKLYN & SI & I believe his Service will be in SI .....further info when available.

Last edited:
Great Brooklyn Fireman. Even though the local Trucks were always butting heads with R-2, at the end of the day, it was simplistic to me. Let’s put the fire out. RIP Richie...

RET FF RICHIE EVERS R*2...... WTC RELATED.
Richie fought a long hard 9-11 cancer battle with many ups & downs .....just recently there was some good news about another possible treatment but then a further medical hurdle hit.... He had been living in FLA since RET with his Wife Denise who many may know as former BKLYN Dispatcher 160 back when ....Richie was Appt to LAD*123 on Ralph Ave....he was laid off & when re hired he was assigned to LAD*168 for short while then he went to LAD*132.....Richie came to R*2 when we were still on Carlton Ave & stayed for many years & RET as the Senior Man.....Richie had great Spirit & was always in on everything both Company wise & Job wise...he was also a true American Patriot ..... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... Richie was a native of BKLYN & SI & I believe his Service will be in SI .....further info when available.
RIP Brother...Never Forget.

Jim Regan photo...Last Tour on Bergen St. 11=30=19....(Willy D. was in attendance not photo shopped)...... L to R Richy Evers....RET R*2 LT Gary Howard .....RET Connecticut CPT Willy "D" Dennis...& me.....Richy came up from FLA for it.

1652232401880.png

Last edited:
Richy points to a picture of himself at the Dedication of the R*2 Bergen St FH in July 1985......

Attachments

• 1652233410450.png
    1652233410450.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
A legend from The Rescue gone too soon.

Rest in Peace Mr. Evers. May your families at home and on the Job be comforted by the Lord.

Chief JK, my sincere condolences to you and your Brother Firefighters of the FDNY on the loss of Retired Firefighter Richie Evers.

I was able to meet him that one time at the closing of Rescue 2's old quarters, the night before they moved to their now occupied newer quarters.

Like so many of the GREAT GUYS I met that night, I could tell that FF Richie Evers was into the job.

It was certainly an HONOR to meet him.

There is no doubt that throughout his FDNY career, he served his purpose well in life.
That being a member of the FDNY and doing it so well

My condolences also goes out to his family members and friends outside of the FDNY for their loss.

May he Rest in Peace.

Last edited: