ANOTHER 9-11 MEMBER PASSES.

Fr. Roy Chelson 28 Engine
? Thread Started Yesterday at 8:11pm ? 

From Ken Spechts Post  QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roy Chelson 28 Engine passed away an hour ago.
For those that followed Roy's struggle for the past few years, we are saddened.
Roy fought Multiple Myeloma for quite some time now. There had been many blood drives in his name trying to find a bone marrow match.
A match was found and Roy had a marrow transplant in December. We were sorry to hear that it had failed.
Roy showed up to many 9/11 rallies and press conferences. He fought for as long as he could.
Multiple Myeloma is a very very rare blood cancer. Roy's cancer WAS attributed to his time at the WTC.
Details to follow as the become available.
Please say a prayer for Roy and his family.

Please re post on the other sites! 
? Last Edit: Yesterday at 8:17pm by rearmounttruck ?
UNQUOTE............ ROY....REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR YOU & FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILY....J.K.

We have lost another hero from the effects of 9/11. You fought a good battle. Thank You for your services to the people of New York City. My condulances to your family and friends, and your many Brothers of the FDNY.

my prayers and thoughts to the family of Roy Chelson 28 Engine FDNY.
rest easy in that great Firehouse in the Sky.
Chud Da Bronx.

I have never met you, but may you rest in peace, and whoever you choose to be a gaurdian angel for, will be a very fortunate person.

God Bless.

JT

After a long fight & stem cell transplants the effects of multiple myeloma have taken another WTC victim....RIP BROTHER.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Randy Wiebicke
F.F. Ladder 35
Lt. Ladder 1

Wake:
Michael Higgins Funeral Home
321 S Main St
New City,NY

Saturday and Sunday....3-5 ..&..3-6-11

2-4 PM and 7-9 PM

Funeral:
St. Francis of Assisi Church
128 Parrot Road
West Nyack ,NY

Monday ...3-7-11

11:00 AM

Re: Lt. RANDY WIEBICKE
And multiple myeloma.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/03/02/new.york.firefighter/

In a post on FDNYrant by "bxnarcorgr ".....He posted......QUOTE.......Rest in peace, Lt. Wiebicke.....We also lost an NYPD member this week. Bad news..

Barnegat man, former NYPD officer and 9/11 first responder, diesPublished: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 11:30 AM Updated: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 11:45 AM By Bob Considine/The Star-Ledger
Photo provided by Smith familyNYPD police officer Harold "Smitty" Smith in this file photo from 1987.BARNEGAT ? Harold J. Smith, a first responder at the World Trade Center during the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, died in his Barnegat home early this morning, according to fellow 9/11 first responder Charles Giles.
Smith, a retired New York Police Department sergeant, had suffered from Stage 4 cancer ? diagnosed by his doctors as the result of working months in the Staten Island landfill where rubble from the Twin Towers? collapse was taken. He was 47.
?Harry Smith was a giant amongst men,? said Guiles, a fellow Barnegat resident. ?He had a caring and loving heart. He?ll be missed by all.?
Giles, who championed health benefits for 9/11 responders and who is battling his own health problems from the toxic dust at Ground Zero, said Smith was the 995th first responder to die since the attacks.
Smith, who was known as ?Smitty? by his friends and co-workers, was a sergeant with NYPD?s narcotics division in Staten Island. He retired in 2007 and began incurring serious health problems the following year.
Smith is survived by his wife, Margie and three children, Christina, Brandon and Maria. In lieu of flowers, Smith's family is asking that donations be made to the Hope and Heroes Children Cancer?s Fund, Wilm's Tumor Research, at 161 Fort Washington Avenue, IP-7, New York, N.Y., 10032..........UNQUOTE.......RIP.

REST IN PEACE SGT SMITH...........In a statement above from the "Star Ledger" it states ...."SGT Smith was the 995 th WTC First Responder to die since the attacks"......at this rate what will the number be by the Tenth Anniversary this Sept.?

Many are still paying the terrible price. The pain and sufferring that is still being paid by those who were there doing their job, and the Family members. Yet by most, 9/11 has clearly been forgotten. The word needs to be spread.

Pretty sad, but I live only 120 miles from Ground Zero, and most people think 9/11 was over nine and a half years ago. Many are NOT at all aware of those still paying such a Terrible Price. Some are STILL paying the price with their breathing and sinus problems, and THEY are REMINDED of that Terrible Day, "EVERY DAY of their Life".

May Sgt Smith Rest in Peace. Thank You Sgt Smith and May the Good Lord Bless your Family.

The day after this was published our BROTHER In Blue was taken to a higher level.....no info on services at this time RIP NEVER FORGET ! NEVER FORGIVE !
Video is posted on the Daily News site

9/11 first-responder stricken with cancer tells story through video spanning ten years

BY Rocco Parascandola
DAILY NEWS POLICE BUREAU CHIEF

Friday, June 24th 2011, 4:00 AM

News
Captain Barry Galfano "In His Own Words" as he details his pride in his service to the public while a Captain in the New York City Police Department.

A retired NYPD captain laid out the last 10 years of his life in a heartfelt video - from the moment he rushed to Ground Zero on Sept. 11 to his battle against the cancer now ravaging his body.

"I knew at the time I'm breathing in smoke and breathing smells that I know are probably poisonous chemicals," Capt. Barry Galfano said on the video released yesterday. "And I'm saying to myself, 20 years from now I'm going to wind up with lung cancer or something."

Still, he says bravely, he didn't once consider pulling out. He spent three months searching through the rubble at Ground Zero.

"You never thought of leaving," he said. "We were at war."

Galfano, who was newly assigned to the Emergency Service Unit at the time, retired in 2006 after 25 years on the force. Now he suffers from brain, lung and liver cancer.

He said he has been touched by the words of fellow cops, particularly those who lauded him for the emotional support he showed other rescue workers.

"That was my job and that's what I wanted to do," he said. "Unfortunately, I received a death sentence in other ways."

The eight-minute video was posted both on YouTube and on the website for the Captains Endowment Association, which wanted to commemorate the upcoming 10th anniversary of the terror attacks through the words of its members.

"Barry Galfano is an example of the sacrifice many members of the CEA have made," CEA President Roy Richter told the Daily News. "He probably shouldn't even be here, but he's back out of the hospital and he's got an incredible will to live."

Galfano, 57, said he's learned to emphasize the positive over the negative.

He has the unyielding support of his girlfriend, a NYPD lieutenant, and he is now closer than ever to his four children.

"After cancer, we were inseparable," he said on the video. "I got to know them better than I ever did. They got to know me better than they ever did. No matter how much time I have left on this Earth, I know I'm going to leave knowing my family better than I ever would have had I lived 90 years."rparascandola@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2011/06/....l#ixzz1QCgZpaJB 

STEVEN C. MOSIELLO Passed away 7/15/2010

FORMER EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO CHIEF OF DEPARTMENT PETER GANCI
&
FORMER EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO CHIEF OF DEPARTMENT DANIEL NIGRO

WAKE:

SUNDAY, 7/17/11 AND MONDAY, 7/18/11

TRUDDEN FUNERAL HOME
385 MAIN STREET
FARMINGDALE, NY 11735-3508
(516) 249-1303

VIEWING TIME:
2:00 ? 4:00
7:00 ? 9:00

MASS IS CONFIRMED FOR TUESDAY, 7/19/11 AT 10:45AM

ST. KILLIAN?S RC CHURCH
485 CONKLIN STREET
FARMINGDALE, NY 11735-2615
516-756-9656

REST IN PEACE STEVE.....Another 9-11 related death. ........Steve was a FF & a Fire Marshall & w/Chief Pete Ganci on 9-11