Another Heavy Rescue - Mitigation Unit From ferrara

wonder if work has begun on the squad support units or if this is the 2nd second piece for hazmat.

Bulldog

Bulldog
No picture or link posted so we don't know what unit you are talking about.

I'm for-sure Interested What the Heavy-Rescue Unit is for, that looks like a Major Unit
and I'm not sure FDNY is best served by production of a Brand New Heavy Rescue for Haz-Mat's
'2nd-Piece'.  :-\
Also; What are the 'Light-Rescues' for,  did i miss that here ?

Wait-the difference is the other mitigation unit was a full tilt cab....this is a split tilt...maybe the full tilt wasn't working out, as their were rumors that the windshield "kept popping out" (unsubstantiated to this point)?

I also remember someone else posting a photo somewhere showing the body of the mitigation unit at the Ferrara plant in the background of another apparatus update in February with the cab removed. Maybe they are building a split tilt cab to replace the full tilt for it?

Bulldog

Bulldog
TacSupport1 said:
Wait-the difference is the other mitigation unit was a full tilt cab....this is a split tilt...maybe the full tilt wasn't working out, as their were rumors that the windshield "kept popping out" (unsubstantiated to this point)?

I also remember someone else posting a photo somewhere showing the body of the mitigation unit at the Ferrara plant in the background of another apparatus update in February with the cab removed. Maybe they are building a split tilt cab to replace the full tilt for it?
Good catch.  The pictures you are referring to were in the thread about Hazmat 1's new 2nd piece at the bottom of the 2nd page, here is this thread:http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php/topic,27432.msg98298.html#new

That unit has certainly been back at the factory for a long time for that window problem.  Short of building a new cab, which this may be, you would have thought it would have been repaired and returned a long time ago.

I don't think the light rescues will be used as the squad support units as mentioned in another thread. Looking at the size of the rescue bodies they are too small to carry all of the haz-mat and rescue equipment carried now by the squads.