ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET FF EUGENE J. SKELLY...LAD*173....Ret 1987 after 25 yrs OTJ.... REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...     
http://mccourtandtrudden.org/book-of-memories/3240245/Skelly-Eugene/view-a-condolence.php?RegisterBookItemId=10826670

RET LT WILLIAM AHEARN LAD*131 At 71 yrs of age....RET in 1987.... REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...    http://marineparkfh.com/tribute/details/2245/William-Ahearn/obituary.html#tribute-start

RET CPT PHILLIP PISTILLI  LAD*76.... Ret 1992 after 34 yrs OTJ... REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....  http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Philip-Pistilli&lc=1392&pid=187074604&mid=7616316

In regard to RET LT WILLIAM AHEARN ^^^^^above.

Billy always took care of the BROTHERS....he was appt to ENG*230 back during the War Years....he was a bull on the Football Field...he was involved opening the first Suspenders on 2 Av & E 28 St where he had a great bunch of well known FDNY guys working there.....then the Wall St area Broadway & Thames location where after the Tunnel to Towers Runs he would shut down the whole Block of Thames & put additional folding tables & chairs in the street to accommodate the BROTHERS....he had also been involved in Suspenders East on LI .....when the rent forced him out of Broadway a few years ago he then opened the present location on Washington St by the WTC site..... one day several years ago my Wife & i had gone to the UFOA Office for something & we then went to Suspenders on Broadway ...Billy was there & was talking w/us then he he left & a few minutes later he came back & gave my Wife a long stemmed Rose which she still has in a dried out form....i last saw Billy a few weeks ago at Pudgie's St re naming & Billy gave a great spirited Eulogy on Pudge....Billy's Dad Harry was a LT in ENG*58 in the '50s & '60s & was the author of "Ghetto FF" & a few other books.... www.amazon.com/Ghetto-Firefighter-Harry-J-Ahearn/dp/1879848015

RET FDNY CAPTAIN THEODORE MALINOWSKI ...MARINE RAIDER WW2....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (USMC WW2) & FDNY.....SEMPER FI...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... www.legacy.com/obituaries/nytimes/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187119185

RET FF WILLIAM J. JOHNSON ENG*221....Ret 1995 after 27 yrs OTJ.... REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... www.leofkearns.com/book-of-memories/3277630/Johnson-William/service-details.php

RET LT PAUL GEIDEL R*1....  REST IN PEACE BROTHER...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY.... PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....    he was one of the Band Of Dad's who were present at the site until the last day on May 30, 2002...here is a link to his book... www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bi8381.shtml

RET CPT GEORGE KELLY...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (USMC & FDNY).....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....I worked W/George on SIEGEL ST....I saw George a few weeks ago at his good friend Pudgie's Street renaming....He was a FF in 172 before 108 then a LT in LAD*103-2 & then 147 & then CPT ENG*28 & then LAD*153...his Son is a LT OTJ.

Wake Marine Park Funeral Home on Sunday November 5, 2017 from 2:00 ? 5:00 PM and 7:00 ? 9:00 PM
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Good Shepherd Roman Catholic Church on Monday November 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM
Family requests donations be made in George's honor to FDNY Fire Family Transport Foundation

RET BC RONALD HANSEN... RET 1995 after 36 yrs OTJ....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...  http://www.thomasfdaltonfuneralhomes.com/obituary/ronald-t-hansen/

68jk09 said:
RET CPT GEORGE KELLY...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (USMC & FDNY).....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....I worked W/George on SIEGEL ST....I saw George a few weeks ago at his good friend Pudgie's Street renaming....He was a FF in 172 before 108 then a LT in LAD*103-2 & then 147 & then CPT ENG*28 & then LAD*153...his Son is a LT OTJ.

Wake Marine Park Funeral Home on Sunday November 5, 2017 from 2:00 ? 5:00 PM and 7:00 ? 9:00 PM
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Good Shepherd Roman Catholic Church on Monday November 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM
Family requests donations be made in George's honor to FDNY Fire Family Transport Foundation

Chief, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

ALL of these guys were "TOP SHELF". They all were a separate breed of firefighters within a huge city that was burning up.

I really didn't know any of them. But I know that I will never forget them.

RET FF JAMES DRAKE....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....Jim was a FF in LAD*118...R*2 & LAD*158....His Son is a LT OTJ....   
http://towersfuneralhomeny.com/tribute/details/1287/James-Drake/obituary.html#tribute-start

RET LT JOSEPH FAY ENG*72....  RET 1990...REST IN PEACE BROTHER...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE (BOTH MILITARY USN KOREA & FDNY) ... PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....      http://clarkassociatesfuneralhome.com/obituary-joseph-fay/

RET LT EARL KIESEL WW2 & KOREA...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (USN) & FDNY....      https://patch.com/new-york/commack/earl-kiesel-world-war-ii-and-korean-war-veteran

RET CPT JOHN R. JOHNSON ENG*84....REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY (35 yrs)....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES... John R. Johnson

Reposing Tuesday 7-9 pm &

Wednesday 2-4 pm & 7-9 pm

Mass of Christian Burial Thursday 10am

Christ the King R.C. Church

Commack, New York

Interment

Calverton National Cemetery

Calverton, New York

RET FM TOM BIESLEN....I received this e mail from RET Corona Tiger Pete G. regarding Tom.....QUOTE..To All, I have some bad news. "Tom Bieslen" retired Fire Marshal out of the Brooklyn Base and a member of "The Peoples Firehouse", has passed away. Tom has been cremated already. No Funeral or wake. He passed 3 days ago. What he left is money for all of us to have a party on HIM! That will be at a later date, I will contact everyone. Tom was also know as MSGT Tom Bieslen from the 106th C.E, Fire Dept. at Westhampton, Gabreski Airport. I had the pleasure of calling Tom a good friend. As, many of you know Tom and a lot of us traveled the world together. We, Lovingly called Tom "Joe Polucka" The last time I saw Tom was at Wally Hasting wake, He was not in good health then. He and talked for some 2 hours. It hurts me deeply even to write this to you guys. Please remember Tom and his Family Jeanie and her two daughters in your paryers. Pete G. ..UNQUOTE.... REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......Before Promotion to Fire Marshall Tom was a FF in ENG*94 then ENG*212.

BIESELIN Thomas J. 72, award-winning husband, coolest dad-grandpa, master storyteller, avid reader, lover of beer and super friend to many, died on November 14, 2017. Tom was a shining example of hard work and tenacity which he put into practice in all of his career paths, most notably for decades as Firefighter and Fire Marshall with the FDNY at Engine 212 in Brooklyn. Tom was a Veteran and served in the US Marine Corps, Army National Guard and retired as a Master Sergeant from the Air National Guard. In his retirement, Tom was the President and CEO of his self-made company, Case Closed Inc., providing investigative services for EEO claims. Tom's legacy as an incredible person lives on through his wife of 50 years, best friend and teenage sweetheart, Jean Bieselin, his smart, kind daughters Julie, Christine and Amy, their equally fantastic husbands, Josh Faby, James Clark and Mark Craparo, his favorite (and only) grandchild Casey Elizabeth Craparo, his sister Lee and her husband Larry Blatt, his brother Herb (who recently passed away) and Herb's wife Dorothy, and a village of friends gained over his many well-lived decades. In lieu of flowers, have your car's oil changed and check your tire pressure. Tom would have wanted you to drive safely. Donations can also be made in Tom's name to: The NY Firefighters Burn Center Foundation, The Bowery Mission (NYC), Marine Toys for Tots Foundation or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital-? all charities that Tom & Jean proudly supported. A celebration of Tom's life is planned for December with details to follow.

I have read every individual name posted in these 56 pages. No matter who they were or where they worked, "these guys fought some fires". Every one of them saw their share of work. They were the most experienced firefighters the world has ever seen. If you wanted to learn something about the job, these guys were the one's to learn it from. Not one ever hesitated to try and help me or anybody else who wanted to learn from their experience. Yet they were the last one's to brag about the great jobs they did.

What I learned from them you just can't learn from a book or a classroom. The moral in the firehouses was at it's highest level. These guys taught firefighters what Brotherhood is really all about.

The spouses and families of these guys had to be a very special type of individual as well. With the staggering numbers of fires, there was so much more chance of getting hurt, or worse.

I was just lucky that I got to be a very small part of this generation of FDNY firefighters. It is sad to see so many of them passing on these days. I'm sure each guy could write his own book on his FDNY experiences.

May they ALL Rest in Peace. They certainly did their part in saving so many lives. They helped so many people over those years. If any body gets to go to a place called Heaven, "it's these guys". NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT. 

RET LT ROBERT DURYEA....FF LAD*110...LT ENG*286...RET AFTER 31 YEARS OTJ.... (his Son is a LT OTJ)...... REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES... www.yardleypino.com/memsol.cgi?page=services&user_id=2037317

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
I have read every individual name posted in these 56 pages. No matter who they were or where they worked, "these guys fought some fires". Every one of them saw their share of work. They were the most experienced firefighters the world has ever seen. If you wanted to learn something about the job, these guys were the one's to learn it from. Not one ever hesitated to try and help me or anybody else who wanted to learn from their experience. Yet they were the last one's to brag about the great jobs they did.

What I learned from them you just can't learn from a book or a classroom. The moral in the firehouses was at it's highest level. These guys taught firefighters what Brotherhood is really all about.

The spouses and families of these guys had to be a very special type of individual as well. With the staggering numbers of fires, there was so much more chance of getting hurt, or worse.

I was just lucky that I got to be a very small part of this generation of FDNY firefighters. It is sad to see so many of them passing on these days. I'm sure each guy could write his own book on his FDNY experiences.

May they ALL Rest in Peace. They certainly did their part in saving so many lives. They helped so many people over those years. If any body gets to go to a place called Heaven, "it's these guys". NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.

Very appropriate sentiments, Bill.  Thank you all - RIP.

RET FF/FM GEORGE KALLIMANIS....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=George-Kallimanis&lc=5095&pid=187261929&mid=7641805