ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

If you look closely at the picture Bob posted above .......the Bronze "3" on the side of the Rig is one of the 3s from the LAD*133 lettering on ENG*206s old Qtrs...... (still looking for the picture of the Stretch Carryall with the FDNY SQ*3 graphics on it...there were actually 2 in the FDNY one Chevy & one GMC.... one was SQ*3s & the other was the CANS Unit Community & News Service quartered at Pier A) .
fdny-sguad-3-mack-jpg.32751

At least one of these old stretch units was, at one time used, to transport civilians from fire scenes to temporary housing.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

Thanks to Lucky for digging up a photo of the SQ*3 Stretch Carryall that John Mitchell drove... see reply 2217 on previous page.....(notice the Passenger doors are only on the Curb side...not the best thing but thats the way it was manufactured)......
thumbnail
thumbnail
thumbnail

RET FF RICHARD MURRAY ENG*205 ...on 3-10-23 at 68 yrs of age ...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....Rich was a FF in ENG*205 back when R*2 was in BN*31 (pre SOC)....always welcoming on details .....Rich was also a familiar face around BKLYN streets as an Old School Chase Driver for Aladdin Collision .... I seem to remember he did some time in SQ*1 also.

Last edited:
RET FF RICHARD MURRAY ENG*205 ...on 3-10-23 at 68 yrs of age ...REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....Rich was a FF in ENG*205 back when R*2 was in BN*31 (pre SOC)....always welcoming on details .....Rich was also a familiar face around BKLYN streets as an Old School Chase Driver for Aladdin Collision .... I seem to remember he did some time in SQ*1 also.
RIP Brother

RET BC PHIL TUFANO BN*4......
REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....

"Word traveling through the football team about another great one being taken from us.

The legendary Phil Tufano has passed on down in South Carolina.

He worked in L-154, L-143, E-207, and Battalion 4

Larger than life character! Absolutely was loved everywhere he worked. Was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 2001.

Terrible terrible news

No info on arrangements as of yet"

I had watched the Gettin Salty podcast featuring Phil when It was first broadcast awhile back & I thought it was very good .......yesterday after learning of Phil's Passing To A Higher Level I posted the link to the podcast a few posts above ^^^ ....last night in thinking about Phil I re watched the show .....if you have not seen or listened to it I suggest you do so for a great look into this Man's life & how high a bar he set for himself & how much attention to detail he had regarding doing his job to the best of his ability & his concentration / dedication for his Men & the people the FDNY serve.

^^^^^ RET BC PHIL TUFANO ARRANGEMENTS.....

Pebble Creek Baptist Church
1300 Reid School Rd Taylors, SC 29687

McAfee Funeral Home - Downtown
639 North Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601

Flowers may be sent to the Funeral Home or directly to the church.

Saturday, April 1
Pebble Creek Baptist Church

Visitation – 12:30 pm - 2:45 pm
Celebration of Life Service – 3:00 pm