ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

Frederick J. Tedeschi age 90 of Port Jefferson NY on Feb 27, 2013...RET FDNY ENG*248 & a US Army Veteran. Beloved Husband of the late Margaret..Loving Father of Edward & his wife Joanne . Cherished Grandfather of four......Reposing at O. B. Davis Funeral Home 4839 Nesconset Hwy (Rt 347) Port Jeff Station NY 11776 www.obdavisportjefferson.com Visiting Sun 3-3-13 2-4 & 7-9 PM...Religious Service Mon 3-4-13 10 AM at the Funeral Home ...Internment to follow at Calverton National Cemetery ...in lieu of flowers , donations in his memory can be made to www.friendsoffirefighters.org .........................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY.

John D.....do you know when this Brother was in 248 & was he an Instructor at the Rock late '60s early '70s ?

Freddie T was a great chauffeur in my days at E 248 and was there all nine years I was there.  Great lover of "the ponies"; each night he would have me run down to the corner of Church and Flatbush to get the evening edition of the horse racing newspaper so he could do his handicapping on watch.  Sad to see Freddie T pass on.  He was one of the senior members of the company along with Paul Troiano, Gerry Di Razzo, and Carl Tranchina.

Chief: I do not remember him as an instructor at the Rock.

OK Thanks......i worked w/Gerry Ds nephew for awhile in the Fire Patrol before coming OTJ.

Ret FF Thomas A. Strong Sr.of Levitown NY on 3-4-13 in his 76th year....Proud US Navy Veteran....34 Year FDNY FF in ENG*290 & LAD*162...in lieu of flowers please make donations in his memory to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation www.komen.org .Family will receive friends Thurs 3-7-13 2-5 & 7-9 PM at Charles J. O'Shea Funeral Home 603 Wantagh Ave (Exit 28 N SS Pkwy) Wantagh NY Mass of Christian Burial Fri 3-7-13 9:45 AM at St Martin Of Tours RC Church Bethpage NY. Internment to follow at Pinelawn Memorial Cemetery. www.osheafuneral.com ....................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY........................................................................Tom grew up in Woodhaven & i was friends w/his Brother Danny (RIP at 51) who was a lifelong Fire Buff & an NYPD Member until his early passing.....I remember on the way to High School & seeing Tom in his Uniform on the way to Proby School around '61 or '62....i wished i was older so i could be going there also.

They fought the fires of the War Years. Most all were U.S. Veterens. There'll NEVER be another group like it.

Rest in Peace FF Thomas Strong Sr. And THANK YOU for your services to New York City and to the United States of America.

My Condolunces to your family and friends, and to the members of the FDNY.

It is with deep regret we inform you of the Death of Benjamin Brandes, Father of BC Butch Brandes, Batt. 41.

Benjamin retired after 30 years as a member of Engine Co. 318, and an active member in the the Ner Tamid society. The funeral arrangements are as follows:

I. J. Morris Funeral Directors
1895 Flatbush Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Between Avenue L and Alton pl.

SUNDAY 3/10/2013 @ 11:00 AM

Members are asked to attend in dress uniform as a sign of respect.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Rest in Peace FDNY Firefighter Benjamin Brandes. My condolances to his family and members of the FDNY.

Ret FF William Kalfa of E Northport , NY on 3-8-13 in his 91 st year...Ret FF ENG*290 1953 to 1976....Proud Veteran of WW 2 in the Army Air Corps 8th Airforce, 95th Bomber Group....Reposing Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home 825 Main St Holbrook NY 2-4 & 7-9 & a Religious Service will be held Mon 3-11-13 at 8 PM at the funeral Home...... Funeral Mass Tues 3-12-13 at 9:45 AM Good Shepherd RC Church Holbrook...Internment following Calverton National Cemetery Calverton NY www.moloneyfh.com ........................................................................................... REST IN PEACE BROTHER ...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Ret FDNY FF Henry ("Hank") Del Percio, of Old Bethpage, on March 5, 2013 - just one week shy of his 88th birthday. Beloved husband of late, Josephine. Loving daughters Laura and Margaret. Cherished grandfather of 5 and great-grandfather of 1.
Hank was a WWII veteran, N.Y.C. firefighter in Engine 289, avid fisherman and well-loved volunteer at the Water Front Center and a self-proclaimed TV repairman in the Junction Blvd. firehouse.
Funeral mass was 10:30am Friday Mar. 8 at St. Pius RC Church. Interment followed at Calverton National Cemetery.
Donations in Hank's name may be made to:
TheWater Front Center, http://www.thewaterfrontcenter.org/donate
or call (516) 922-SAIL.
REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

These are the War Years Vets that are passing away just about Every day. Most of them served their Country during WWII. Some during Viet Nam.

There will NEVER be another group like them. When they are described as a War Years Vet, they fought the fires of the FDNY War Years. The busiset time in the history of the Fire Service for fires. What these FDNY Firefighters did during their careers is hard to explain. They fought numerous fires Every shift they went to work. Their stories can only be told by them.

FDNY Firefighters William Kalfa and FF Henry Del Percio, May You Rest in Peace. Thank you for services to the Citizens of New York and to Our Country.

Sorry to hear about Bill Kalfa, worked with him 10+yrs....fastest water I ever saw....1st to commute from LI "E.Northport ,it aint so far".  one of his chestnuts,  Chief told him the rig looked a little dirty, his answer,  Chief, ya cant shine shit! he was one of the best,you'll be missed Bill

Ret FF Robert P. Solamita of Bohemia LI....Proud US Army Vietnam Veteran....Dedicated FDNY FF for over 20 yrs...Reposing at Frederick H. Chapey & Sons East Islip Funeral Homes 200 East Main St (1/2 mile West of SS Pkwy exit 45 W)...Visiting Sun 3-17-13 2-4:30 7 7- 9:30 PM.....Religious Service at the Funeral Home Mon 3-18-13 at 1130 AM...Internment at Calverton National Cemetery Calverton LI .. ........................................................................................... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY.......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Ret FF Joseph Tetonic Sr on March 11 2013 Ret FF from LAD*106...(His Son Joe Ret.was a Charter Member of LAD*175) .......Reposing at William H. Law Funeral Home 1 Jerusalem Ave Massapequa Wed 3-13-13.. 2-5 & 7-9:30....Mass of Christian Burial Thurs 3-14-13 at St James RC Church Seaford LI NY ......Internment Calverton National Cemetery ........REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Capt. Ed Smith, a former President of The UFOA & Founder of The FDNY Company Officers Association Has passed to a higher level.....He had been residing in Hilton Head S.C.....no further info at this time....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Charlie Orlando Ret. FF LAD*126 has passed away.

There will be a Memorial Mass (no funeral) on either next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Church: Elizabeth Ann Seton
1811 Pueblo Vista Dr.
Las Vegas NV. 89128 REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.