ATLANTA OPENS NEW FIRE STATION 32 AT AIRPORT 11/19/22

Thank you 65. Amazing that there are not to many airports in US with that many houses on the airfield and with that many stations, more total than half the fire departments in the US. Stay well

Thank you 65. Amazing that there are not to many airports in US with that many houses on the airfield and with that many stations, more total than half the fire departments in the US. Stay well
Dallas Fort Worth now has five stations, Houston Bush has five and Chicago O'Hare has four, not including the military stations.

Actually, Houston has only three ARFF stations...54 on the north side of the field, 92 on the south, and 99 on the west side. The last time I was flying out of IAH, one of the ARFF crews from 99's was operating at a sick call on the concourse with their Rosenbauer crash rig parked right outside.
Station 63 is at the airport entrance at Will Clayton Parkway and Lee Road with the engine, brush rig, and medic. Station 64 is on Greens Road-technically off the airport with the engine, tower, chief, and medic. They are right across the road from the ends of Runway 15R and 15L- probably 90% of the departures use these ,so it's always noisy. Years ago, a 747 used every inch of 15L leaving town and blew down a bunch of ceiling tiles over the apparatus. As far as I know, both 63 and 64 can be dispatched by the control tower for alerts on the field.

That is an old patch. I have a newer one but whoever made it never heard of spell check. Batallion?