BAOFENG RADIO.

I have borrowed one of these from a friend. Quite frankly I am amazed by the capabilities, sound and features of these at such a rediculously low price. Thanks for sharing Chief.

I have one of them but not sure were and how you program with FDNY and other frequencies?

Order with the extended battery. i have three BF-F9's and they last about 4 days if on constantly, or all week when turned on and off.

Programming is simple with a frequency chart, (Radioreference website) and installing "Chirp" into your computer.
Also ditch the OEM antenna and go for a better tri-band.

I have had a UV-5R with the extended battery for 2-3 years now. Battery life with either battery is excellent. I’m still using the factory supplied rubber duck antenna but the radio performs very well. I use it both as a scanner and making contacts on the local 2m repeaters.

It is a fantastic value for the money.

I have had a UV-5R with the extended battery for 2-3 years now. Battery life with either battery is excellent. I’m still using the factory supplied rubber duck antenna but the radio performs very well. I use it both as a scanner and making contacts on the local 2m repeaters.

It is a fantastic value for the money.
How do you program it?