Baudon "cookie" malmbeck L114 FDNY

just received news that cookie passed
cookie started his career in the FDNY as a proud fireman in L114
promoted to Lt in 5/91
assigned as a UFO Lt in E71..he was always proud to say he worked in "the war wagon"
he finished his career in marine 9
was a member of the retirees in melbourne fl
rest in peace cookie..prayers for the malmbeck family
no details at this time
TALLY-HO COOKIE!

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
RIP.

1641486569160.png

Holy Name Society Medal

Awarded to Firefighter 1st Grade Baudon C. Malmbeck, Ladder Company 114, for his heroic work and unusual personal risk in the rescue of two adults from a fire at 423 49th Street, Brooklyn, Box, 75-1463, 1625 hours on March 5, 1981.

Sad news. Got to know Cookie through the retirees association down here in Brevard County. Always fun to be around, always enjoyed marching in our little St Patrick's Day parade down here. As you said, TEM....he was very proud of his time in 114. Really good guy...I'll miss him. Rest in Peace, Cookie. Prayers for the family.

I worked one tour in Brooklyn my whole career, it was when city-wide detailing started. I worked a 9x in L114 and he was working..... He introduced himself as "Cookie"...... had pleasant conversations with him during the tour, a real gentleman........ . Had a wonderful day there with a great group of brothers.. Rest in Peace brother.

just received news that cookie passed
cookie started his career in the FDNY as a fireman in L114
promoted to Lt in 5/91
assigned as a UFO Lt in E71..he was always proud to say he worked in "the war wagon"
he finished his career in marine 9
was a member of the retirees in melbourne fl
rest in peace cookie..prayers for the malmbeck family
no details at this time
TALLY-HO COOKIE!
RIP Brother, prayers for the Malmbeck family.

RIP Cookie, when I was in L131 we ran with 114 on boxes in Sunset Park, Cookie always had a smile and a joke
I remember going to a party we were having at the Diamond American Legon Post on 3rd Ave & 9th Street and Cookie showed up in uniform.we asked where he came from and sure enough he brought Marine 9! He said he left it in the Gowanus Canal and walked up the block! Yes he did!
good Firefighter good guy, Tally Ho Cookie,

RIP Cookie, when I was in L131 we ran with 114 on boxes in Sunset Park, Cookie always had a smile and a joke
I remember going to a party we were having at the Diamond American Legon Post on 3rd Ave & 9th Street and Cookie showed up in uniform.we asked where he came from and sure enough he brought Marine 9! He said he left it in the Gowanus Canal and walked up the block! Yes he did!
good Firefighter good guy, Tally Ho Cookie,
Good post, that “10-8” transmission was what Cookie & a many of us in 114 were a part of, with one of our great Lieutenants, I won’t mention his name here, but his motto when we did take “rides” like that, was, “Run silent, run deep”. GOD rest their souls.

Good post, that “10-8” transmission was what Cookie & a many of us in 114 were a part of, with one of our great Lieutenants, I won’t mention his name here, but his motto when we did take “rides” like that, was, “Run silent, run deep”. GOD rest their souls.
change your shirts boys tonite we are submariners..J.D.

The Diamond Post.....a Blast From The Past.....some good times there.

Don’t want to steal this post it should be about Cookie but your correct about the Diamond Post. I can’t remember the reason for this gathering but I remember it as one of the best. Lad 105 &132 and R2 also showed up, somewhat out of their normal response area, I think most of South Brooklyn stopped by at one time.
I hope the new breed of FDNY has these times and the same great bosses and memories of great guys, like Cookie.

memorial service for cookie
friday 4/8/2022
faith viera lutheran church
5550 faith dr
rockledge fl 32955
321 636 5504
visitation 1pm
service 2pm