Beaumont CA Quint

According to a post on Fire Apparatus and Emergency Equipment the city of Beaumont CA has decided to purchase a Spartan 105 TDA, I believe a Quint. Price is 2.2 million.

That’s crazy!! I remember a time not so long ago you could purchase a 100 foot aerial and 4 pumpers altogether for 2.2 million.
A department that my department runs mutual aid with just purchased a 100' quint tower ladder for 1.2 million as well from Pierce. We ordered a rescue body engine (think Squad body) for just shy of $940K with not many bells and whistles... it's NUTS.

New EPA standards and the supply chain BS has really screwed with the ability of a department to spec,, bid and receive any apparatus in a timely manner. We have been waiting over 2 years for a quick attack built on a Ford F-550 and Over a year on a Pumper Tanker built on a Freightliner. We may get the Quick Attack by September but likely early 2024 on the pumper tanker. It is so fluid that I'm not sure how the apparatus builders can bid, build and deliver within the parameters of the initial intentions of the department.

I am told they , manufacturers also have trouble finding enough welders, machinists, plumbers, electricians, automotive painters, etc to keep all shifts fully staffed. Also, Cities that perform their own apparatus maintenance and repairs are also having a difficult time retaining and hiring certified fire apparatus technicians. Part of the problem is they can’t keep up with the pay scales that the privates and class 8 truck dealers pay.

My dept just ordered a pair of engines and a tower from Seagrave, something like 800 days for the engines and closer to 900 for the tower
We were quoted 44 months on the above mentioned engine by Sutphen. I've been hearing a whole lot of 3 to 4+ years on all varieties of apparatus from multiple manufactures from orders placed in my area.

Now imagine you had to deal with CAD to USD exchange rate on all those rigs. The engines my dept ordered were about $1.4M per rig. And we’ve ordered about 20 the last 3 years

Article stated they were looking to purchase equipment to service the new Station 106. I wonder if they agreed to a premium price to get to the top of the list? Is that even possible?