BONHOMME RICHARD Fire Report

RCL

Go to YouTube and look up What is going on with shipping? Sal Mercagliano is/was an instructor for the merchant marine academy, former merchant mariner and a Capt in a FD somewhere. He's made several videos on the BHR fire.
The term, the people in charge don't know they don't know comes to mind.

Here's one of his videos

RCL

Not surprised. From everything I've seen, they are trying to put blame everywhere except for where it needs to be.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Not surprised. From everything I've seen, they are trying to put blame everywhere except for where it needs to be.
They actually have also blamed command personnel including 2 admirals!

Go to YouTube and look up What is going on with shipping? Sal Mercagliano is/was an instructor for the merchant marine academy, former merchant mariner and a Capt in a FD somewhere. He's made several videos on the BHR fire.
The term, the people in charge don't know they don't know comes to mind.

Here's one of his videos

These videos are definitely worth a watch. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RCL

RCL

They actually have also blamed command personnel including 2 admirals!
They did but from my very little understanding it was a slap on the wrist don't do it again. Iirc they went after a retired admiral that nutted up and said im in charge this is what were going to do, even though ultimately it wasnt his problem, when everyone else stood around pointing fingers saying its not my problem. The meaningful changes to ensure this doesn't happen again, never materialized. Like admitting fireboats were and are needed....
What's that saying? Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it?