Boston Orders 6 More Aerials. April 2023

Attachments

• BFD L-17.jpg
    BFD L-17.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 7
I really don't understand that Grump. There are some tight streets in different sections of BeanTown to where a tiller would be the preferred vehicle of choice?

I really don't understand that Grump. There are some tight streets in different sections of BeanTown to where a tiller would be the preferred vehicle of choice?
Yeah every now and then the rumor starts that Boston is going to order a tiller or two, there is a bogus spec drawing floating around somewhere, but that is all it is, bogus. They have been really pleased with those E-One's, short wheel base and they have had rear mounts since 1985 or so. Besides there is no one on the job today who knows how to tiller!

At this point the size of tillers vs the size of these metros seam like they are probabaly just as easily driven around.

Just found the spec sheets, 200” wheel base and 38’ 7” from ladder tip to back of truck.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Just found the spec sheets, 200” wheel base and 38’ 7” from ladder tip to back of truck.
Actually if you read the information from E-One that was in the original announcement the wheelbase is 220".