Budget cuts

I read an article that Mayor Adam’s wants FDNY, NYPD and sanitation to lower there budgets.

NYC has had a drop in property tax income of around $700 million.
Also, the IRS reports between 2019 and 2020 NYC had an outflow of greater than 98,000 tax filers who had an adjusted gross income of at least $ 20 billion.

To put this in perspective, this shows 2.67 tax filers leaving New York County (Manhattan) every hour of the day. Each filer has an average income of $315,652/ year. That's a million dollars of taxable income leaving Manhattan every hour around the clock headed for Florida.
I doubt they are giving up NYCHA apartments when they depart.

I read an article that Mayor Adam’s wants FDNY, NYPD and sanitation to lower there budgets.
The Mayor wants to reduce bureaucratic hurdles to speed-up the process of increasing affordable housing. One way he wants to achieve that is to remove the review and inspections of fire alarm systems from FDNY and give the job to Departments of Buildings. I'd love to hear about the politics of that move.

The Mayor wants to reduce bureaucratic hurdles to speed-up the process of increasing affordable housing. One way he wants to achieve that is to remove the review and inspections of fire alarm systems from FDNY and give the job to Departments of Buildings. I'd love to hear about the politics of that move.
Another name for that is "through the back door by the good ole' boys" sort of like the days of Tammany Hall.

They were heading down this path just before the pandemic began. All the federal money bought them a few years. Now for many of the reasons stated by previous posters, it’s back and it ain’t gonna be pretty. Sad.