CFD Snorkel Squads

Melrose Park Illinois, about 20 miles west of Chicago. They have a Bronto skylift.Never, never seen this rig at a job, there are GREAT photographers who go to all jobs. Larry Shapario is on, Steven Reddick is another Snorkels are DOA,  a CFD TL, @21,23,54,10 will be just as good. Just my opinion. GG

Bulldog

Bulldog
grumpy grizzly said:
Two points. (1) There are NO spares. (2) ALF wants a minimum 4 peice order.
Grumpy, I was just watching the video from the 5-11 and they requested that the spare snorkel from Engine 35 quarters!  Is this a possible 4th snorkel for rebuilding or is it something else?

I thought I'd post a couple of videos of newer snorkels from Metz and Bronto in europe.
So we can get some illustration of what we're talking about.

First is a 32 meter (105 ft) Metz that's brand new, it's a video from a mid sized department in Sweden that's showing off their new rig.
V?r nya h?vare

Then for comparison a 32 meter (105 ft) Bronto about six years old that another department is testing outside a station, this is a model that is a bit different since it has a telescoping function so the lower arm extends and contracts as needed. That can be viewed starting at 2 minutes into the video
Testar h?varen

Bronto at least makes various versions that can be integrated with compact rigs that have a fair amount of storage space, here's a 28 meter (92 feet) one from the UK for instance:
imagebankview.aspx

I imagine that Pierce - being the Bronto partner in the US - could put together something similar to that if Chicago was interested.

CFD wants a 55' unit that they can put into a tight area. If the best Bronto can do is 92', heck get a rear mount! Probably less aggrevation and headaches!!GG

Do they want to have a small rig for instance in order to place it close to a wall and get it up where there's restrictions around it such as power lines?

Bronto makes models where most of the action is done by the telescoping function so they can extend pretty much vertically without needing much space around it.
Here's a 23 meter (75 ft) rig like that, I hope it shows what I mean.
imagebankview.aspx

imagebankview.aspx