Chicago, IL - Fire Report for November 2014

Chicago, IL Fire Department
Fire Report for November 2014
*As always, I am sure there were more fires than are reported here

Still Alarm - Working Fire: 37 ...forgot to log if there were any injuries associated, but there were no fatalities

Still and Box Alarm: 15
Including:  - 1+EMS Plan 1 for a bldg. collapse, 3 adult civilian's and a dog rescued unhurt
- 1+EMS Plan 1 for a small aircraft crash into a home near Midway Airport; 1 pilot aboard DOA, 2 elderly adult civilian's in the home unhurt
- 1 for a building collapse, 1 adult civilian DOA
- 1 house fire, 1 elderly adult civilian DOA
- 2 separate fires +EMS Plan 1, for high-rise bldg. fire's; no injuries in either fire

2-11 Alarm: 2
Including:  - 1+EMS Plan 1 for a fire in an S.R.O. apt. bldg., people jumping, rescues made; injuries, but no fatalities
- 1+EMS Plan 1 for an apt. fire with people jumping; injuries, but no fatalities

3-11 Alarm: 2
Including:  - 1 for a former school being renovated into condominium's
- 1+EMS Plan 1 for an apartment fire; people jumping, 1 civilian child DOA (10y/o girl)

4-11 Alarm: 0
5-11 Alarm: 0

"ChiTown" nice job. That's an excellent report.

Other than the movie "Backdraft", I don't know too much about the Chicago F.D. In my own case, "I've never been there". Maybe the guys might be interested in doing Chicago for next years Get Together, 2015 or 2016. Things like the busiest companies, Special Units, Training Academy, decent hotels, and a place for a few of us to meet up with a few of the Chicago Brothers, is the kind of things we would be looking for.

You're very active on here and provide us with great rundowns of Chicago and the surrounding areas. Thank you. And Thanks for the monthly tally report.

nfd2004 said:
"ChiTown" nice job. That's an excellent report.

Other than the movie "Backdraft", I don't know too much about the Chicago F.D. In my own case, "I've never been there". Maybe the guys might be interested in doing Chicago for next years Get Together, 2015 or 2016. Things like the busiest companies, Special Units, Training Academy, decent hotels, and a place for a few of us to meet up with a few of the Chicago Brothers, is the kind of things we would be looking for.

You're very active on here and provide us with great rundowns of Chicago and the surrounding areas. Thank you. And Thanks for the monthly tally report.
Well said Bill, thank you for the detailed report on The Windy City, ChiTown.