College football

Saturday is the best college game of the year, Army vs Navy. It is not Ohio St vs Michigan for the Rose Bowl, Alabama vs Auburn for SEC, and USC/Stanford vs UCLA, etc. It is ARMY vs NAVY. They are military students first, and all cadets must participate in 2 sports. Unlike ND, USC, Alabama, Texas A&M, this is their last college game. They are headed off to a bigger field, commanding soldiers in a combat situation. There are no time-outs, no challange flags, screw up and someone will die! I love this game, schools wearing patches for units, but ARMY is going a step further on their uniforms, doing homage to the 101st at Bagstone. "NUTS". Any 101st vet will  explain. Uniforms have maps of the battle area. My daughter-in-law is a "Screaming Eagle", her husband is a combat marine, after doing a tour as a CFR, the replacing unit after his first deployment (CFR) was short of grunts. Did a second tour, never knew the details! Where do we find these people who sacrafice their future to protect ours. Merry Christmas to all our vets, thank you for your service. I am a Vietnam Vet, we kinda got screwed over by the politicians. Well I did my job, you fucked over doing your job. I am happy to be a vet, but Grumpy is more proud his son is a Marine. The few, the proud, the Marines. He did a good job. Merry Christmas to all my friends on this site, there are some of the best buffs available, I am a pup in comparision to you guys. Keep up the good job.

GOD.... please  look out for all our active Servicemen...... & Prayers for those gone to a HIGHER LEVEL in all branches in the service to our Country.....today especially NEVER FORGET 12-7-41 .