Difference between different alarms

Just a few hours ago in the Bronx…. Box loaded up with the Fast truck so I am gonna double check on this….

Last night around 23:30 hrs. in Harlem
MD: Box 1507 - report of someone trapped, box loaded up L40F, E47 4th Engine, R3 & S41 all assigned
10-26 final disposition

If you "load it up" and it ends up being a 92 or 26, is it a "faux pas" in the office among your dispatch colleagues?

as opposed to notifying the units that there are a couple of calls or a second source.

What really happens is the Battalion Chief in notified that "so and so Engine or Ladder Co." is responding understaffed. And that battalion Chief often decides to start out an additional unit that is fully staffed. Also as stated above the Dispatcher may say "Engine or Ladder ## is responding understaffed we are sending you another fully staffed company" This more proactive on the part of the dispatcher, and the Battalion Chief normally just says "Message received." The dispatcher often knows by the number and content of the telephone calls for a fire etc. if it is better to ensure that enough help is on the way. Also, I am retired but I often monitor the FDNY Radio and since the early 1970s the signal 10-30 is no longer used officially. I try to be accurate but sometimes things change before I get the "Word." Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.

What really happens is the Battalion Chief in notified that "so and so Engine or Ladder Co." is responding understaffed. And that battalion Chief often decides to start out an additional unit that is fully staffed. Also as stated above the Dispatcher may say "Engine or Ladder ## is responding understaffed we are sending you another fully staffed company" This more proactive on the part of the dispatcher, and the Battalion Chief normally just says "Message received." The dispatcher often knows by the number and content of the telephone calls for a fire etc. if it is better to ensure that enough help is on the way. Also, I am retired but I often monitor the FDNY Radio and since the early 1970s the signal 10-30 is no longer used officially. I try to be accurate but sometimes things change before I get the "Word." Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.
10-30 in Staten Island 😂

maybe has to do with the location of the fire as if its a long run for the 3rd due truck and no way to beat 2nd due in they may load the box with the fast truck as i heard of the retired dispatchers say on getting salty might have been DISP 150 Jim Rafferty say that the fast truck was taken off as they were beating the 2nd due truck and going to work sometimes

Loading up. Normally assigned
10-75 or all hands. Nearest avail
So for example, if R2 and SQ1 is out on a Job, and R5 is closest (using R5 as a Example due to R5 serving part of Brooklyn), R5 and SQ8 or SQ252 would take the Alarm.