Dispatcher

Who is Queens 162? Shes a new one and has a cute voice--one you wouldnt expect to hear on a fire radio lol.  ;D

QUEENS1985 said:
Who is Queens 162? Shes a new one and has a cute voice--one you wouldnt expect to hear on a fire radio lol.  ;D

She's not a new one. She has about 11 years on the job.

Ha ha!  You guys slay me.  Like every FAD is like an on-air personality of a broadcast station.

What's next?  8x10 glossies?  Autographs?  Groupies?

Stand aside Cousin Brucie!

Tony

There are people who know who we are. Some of us have been on TV, training videos, etc. I was talking to a brand new probie one night, and he had been a scanner buff in Manhattan for a number of years. So I asked him, who am I?? He replied, you're (my old dispatcher number). It really pays to turn off the scanner and get out of the house occasionally.

As I'm reading into this post, I remember my "listening" days which is the early 80's and think about -- "The time is now 22:22 and 22 seconds this is Dispatcher 222; and sure enough he's mentioned!! Kudos to an underappreciated side of the job!!

The time is now 22:22 and 22 seconds this is Dispatcher 222

Heh, I used to do the same thing at 0347 hours when I was a Manhattan dispatcher in the 90's. I miss the old days.

Brooklyn 123 is great and such a pleasure to listen to. Does anyone know whatever happened to Warren Fuchs, I know he retired a few years ago, but what is he doing now.

I spoke to Wah a few weeks ago. He's doing well and enjoying his well earned retirement. December will be 5 years he's out of the job. The measuring stick we all try to aspire to and an A-1 Class Act.

Agreed. Wah was one of the best, especially in his knowledge of Brooklyn streets and areas.  In the same mold is George Munsch, currently dispatcher 102 in Brooklyn; he keeps his cool in spite of activity and conditions.

Who remembers the old time dispatchers like Dan Buckley and Newt Tanner, among others.  I remember Steve Ternlund, Battalion Chief in Bn 41, when he was a dispatcher in the Brooklyn CO.

Another one I learned quite a bit from before he left the job. I have to say in my short time in the job, I have been taught by some of the greats, and a few legends.

J

jay

Hello -

I was wondering does anyone have any audio of dispatcher 247 from back in the 80's or 90's?. I already got some from FD347 and was wondering if this is anymore out there.

Thanks in advance.

jay said:
Hello -

I was wondering does anyone have any audio of dispatcher 247 from back in the 80's or 90's?. I already got some from FD347 and was wondering if this is anymore out there.

Thanks in advance.

try his site http://www.firegroundphotos.net/bronxco/

jay said:
Hello -

Thanks in advance.

Yes, George is one of my favorite FD dispatchers and I have a few buff CD's with him on it.... one is for sale on the FSP website site from July 4th, 1988 with him as the RO dispatcher and a few others from the mid 90's.

Now, where can we find some audio with Warren 120 on the air? I think he's on the radio for the 1977 Balckout CD I have?  ???