E 277 L 112

B

Bigandy

Why is it that Ladder 112 gets so much structures, and 277 has nearly 1/3 of that? Are there a plethora of engines in that area, and not enough trucks? I know this could probably be mapped out by me, but im too lazy to be playing around with google maps ;D

Lots of engine companies in that area E217, 218, 222, Sq252, & E277. Same goes for TL111 with E214, 217, 222, 227, 230 & 235.

B

Bigandy

Hey thanks guitarman, I figured this was the reason, as well as with TL 111. Exorbitant amount of fire duty for those two trucks.

Bigandy said:
Hey thanks guitarman, I figured this was the reason, as well as with TL 111. Exorbitant amount of fire duty for those two trucks.
It was actually more before the "War Years" before TCU's and L176. In East N.Y. L103, 107 & 120 had tremendous response areas until L107 moved to new qtrs. and L175 took their old house, L176 took the northside of L120 & L123's, eastside of L111, westend of L175 and part of the south end of L112.  Another change was L123 moved southwest to a new house with E234 which helped relieve L132 & L113. In Flatbush L174 is a busy units because they filled in a large area that was once covered by L113, L120, L123, L157, & L170.

B

Bigandy

damn you know you're stuff G man. I looked over a lot of the run charts, and noticed 123, 120, 111, 112, 103, 174, and 176 are ALWAYS the busiest truck except some BX co's. Every time I buff a job, I always see these guys. Lucky for me, I came across this forum last week, and the rundowns are great. Thanks for the info. And if you don't mind me asking, since you're name is screen name is Guitarman. whatta ya play through?

I've been playing since 1965, my present axes are a 1976 Fender Ash w/maple neck Strat,  My main axe is a custom "made-it-myself"(I do my own wiring & electronics) HSS all American made parts Strat with a Duncan Pearly Gates (ZZ-Top), and 2 Texas Special single-coils(Stevie Ray) , a 1981 Ibanez AR-50 Black/Creme Artist, a 1974 Ibanez 6 x 12 double-neck w/DiMarzio Dou-sound and Super Dist. pickups, a Godin ACS-SA Midi-Access Nylon String, a red/white Parker P-38 Nitefly, older model Epiphone Sheraton II w/ Duncan BB & '59 pickups, a Puerto Rican made "Cuatro" (10 string Mandolin-like) and a bunch of back-up beater guitars. My amps are a 1973 Fender Blue Face Twin Reverb, my main gigging amp is a Tech-21 Trademark 60, and my back-up is a Roland Cube 60 as a back-up. Sorry, due to periods of financial difficulties I've sold a few which I wish I still had. They were 1973 Goldtop Les Paul Custom, A 1965 Gibson Firebird w/3 P-90 pickups and a Vibrola, a 1963 Gretsch Ronnie Lee and a Gretsch Nashville (Brian Seitzer w/2 cut-aways). 

B

Bigandy

LOL christ. Well since i'm only a youngin', and I've only been playing since I was nine, and due to inflation making everything I want a billion dollars. I only have: Warren Haynes Lemon drop Custom Les Paul through the custom shop (it's cool cause of da burstbuckers, and the balance between the bass and the treble is quite cool...and the electronics were designed by Jerry Garcia tech, I think paul miller was one of them), 62 vintage tele re-issue, Eric Johnson strat modified with texas specials, and a few martin acoustics I mess around with. The amps are: Dr. Z maz 18 jr. my main amp with everything, and basically got rid of everything else except the fender bassman my pop's buddy got for me, which was a steal considering its age. I think its a 59. A great period for amplifiers. All the rest weren't worth the space and needed some fixing, and since I'm a civil engineer and not electrical I don't know what the eff is going on with wiring. Leave that to professionals. And all the pedals I got are modified by Keeley electronics, except BB preamp which is my favorite. Well thats it. Sounds like you got a beautiful collection GMAN

B

Bigandy

Nevermind the 59, it's a 62 bassman, still made before they had the bright switch. It's a very clean amp, still after all those years. Especially with a nice vintage strat runnin hot through it  ;D

Before we return to the original topic, I still work as a part-time pro performing and recording. I still get called on to do TV & Radio jingles, "ghost" playing (fixing parts on other guitar players' recordings, sort of like a stuntman ;)) so a variety of axes is a requirement.

B

Bigandy

LOL you can never have too many axes. I'm trying to get my hands on an alembic custom guitar, (as of now I'm playing in a GD cover band for the small time stuff), and this guitar would be perfect for that environment, expanding all dimensions :) It ain't too bad. A lotta fun.