East Hampton, Ct General alarm 5/26/12

On 5/26/12 at 2340 hours East Hampton, Ct. responded to 4 Bevin Blvd for a fire in the Bevin Bell factory. The building was well involved on arrival. About one hour into the fire the area residents and firefighters were evacuated from the immediate vicinity due to the fire starting to involve propane tanks. At least one exploded. Mutual aid from many departments (25+) assisted at the scene and for coverage. Not an easy fire to get pictures of due to fog and access to the scene. More pictures at http://squadfirephotos.smugmug.com/2012/Fires/East-Hampton-Ct-General-alarm/23200564_sKXmjK#!i=1870136660&k=nZ6HLXr

Bulldog

Bulldog
Great job on the pictures!  Certainly looks like it was a major battle, especially with the propane tanks.  Whose Mack tanker is that in the pictures on page three?  It certainly looks like a beast.

Those pictures were done by "patrickfd". He's right on the job. Covers the entire Hartford, Ct area and I guess the guy never sleeps.

Pat is a retired East Hartford, Ct firefighter and now works as a dispatcher for the Manchester (Ct) Fire/Police Depts. I believe he is also the dept photographer for the Town of Vernon, Ct. His father was a retired Hartford, Ct firefighter and they both hung out in some of Brooklyns busier areas. I think they were big fans of E231/L120.

Just wanted to pass the word along that Pat is just another one of those great guys who happens to be into the fire dept.

Bulldog said:
Great job on the pictures!  Certainly looks like it was a major battle, especially with the propane tanks.  Whose Mack tanker is that in the pictures on page three?  It certainly looks like a beast.

The truck belongs to Gardner Lake FD which is in Salem, Ct.