Edgewater Park

1) Is Edgewater Park FD still operating?

2) How does FDNY operate in Edgewater Park, I don’t think they can get there trucks down those narrow streets.

HC7

Yes They Are Still Operating, They Run (2) Rigs - Engine 2 & Engine 3.

cr=w:600,h:300.png
2002 GMC custom Cab Over 500 Gallon Per Minute with a 300-gallon reserve and 20-gallon foam.
rs=w:600,h:300,cg:true.png
1987 Chevrolet Custom Pick up, 350 GPM with a 250 reserve.

Photo Credit: Original Owners

Some great footage by the Majesterium of Edgewater FD and FDNY working together and footage of Edgewater FD firehouse

Some great footage by the Majesterium of Edgewater FD and FDNY working together and footage of Edgewater FD firehouse

Surprised FDNY doesn’t have at least 2 mini pumpers for jobs just like this. What If Edgewater didn’t get their rig out?

Surprised FDNY doesn’t have at least 2 mini pumpers for jobs just like this. What If Edgewater didn’t get their rig out?
FDNY doesn’t have to have an engine on the block…. They have “unlimited hose” Engine would be grabbing hydrant anyway. E72 is suppose to take the Satellite with them and if they have to they use the manifold. With the Mini Pumpers Edgewater has if it’s going good they don’t have the GPM to knock down large bodies of fire. They could use a ATRV like 329 but eh.

FDNY doesn’t have to have an engine on the block…. They have “unlimited hose” Engine would be grabbing hydrant anyway. E72 is suppose to take the Satellite with them and if they have to they use the manifold. With the Mini Pumpers Edgewater has if it’s going good they don’t have the GPM to knock down large bodies of fire. They could use a ATRV like 329 but eh.
Gonna be a long stretch if it’s going good!

E72 is first due to Edgewater Park. Do they take the satellite on the initial alarm? I thought if 1st, 2nd, or 3rd due on the first alarm, companies act as an engine and don’t take the second piece, be it a satellite, a foam piece, or Haz-Tech piece. Can the officer decide depending on what is reported?

E72 is first due to Edgewater Park. Do they take the satellite on the initial alarm? I thought if 1st, 2nd, or 3rd due on the first alarm, companies act as an engine and don’t take the second piece, be it a satellite, a foam piece, or Haz-Tech piece. Can the officer decide depending on what is reported?
E-97 might be assigned off the hop and grab it
The Battalion wants E72 transporting Satellite for any report of Fire inside Edgewater park, as if they wait too late to many companies will be inside. They won’t use it but just transport it and E97 will be assigned. With lithium Ion battery situations a lot of squads and HazTech engines have been carrying a 5 gal drum and 2 bags of speedy dry for small batteries. Most of the foam rigs respectable Engine Companies have some of the equipment needed for it on the engine.

Recently.. 3/27/23 Bronx 2nd Alarm Box 4190 - Fire In A Private Dwelling... Right Next Door To Edgewater Park FD.

I Would Recommend Checking Out SkylerFire's Video On This.. It Shows The Narrow Streets & How The Rigs Are Set Up. Click Here
Looks a lot like the communities of Gerritsen Beach, Broad Channel and Breezy Point etc. I’m sure they operate in similar fashion. If Vollies are operating they have similar SOP with FDNY.