Eng 5 Acting 92

??? ??? ??? ??? any reason they had to go to lower Manhattan for a relocater , i heard eng 5 saying 10-8 in 92's response area im just trying to clarifying if i heard correct

Probably due to all of the fire activity in the Bronx with the fifth alarm.  I am sure they had companies from all over up in the Bronx.

This is true. Also from what I hear while at the relocate they caught some fire... can anyone confirm this?

yes there was another job and relocators did catch it, i think 5 acting 92 may have been 1 st due. dont remember street but it was south of 5th alarm box near ladder 19.

M

mmattyphoto

Eng 5 acting E92 caught a job at Sheridan ave and McClellan. They had 4 or 5 10-45's.

When it comes to relocation, especially with a multi-alarm box like this one, relocators can come from basically anywhere.  If I'm not mistaken E292 acting 45 actually went in 4th due on the 5th.

Yea Engine 92 is first due at Sheridan and Mcllelan i used to go to work with my dad and i remember them catching a lot of work  on sheridan ave.

eng 5 to the bronx!  who? what? how? someone please explain how they can bypass like 25 engines companies to get to them. who is pickin the relocators  wally the buff!

Seeing as there were 25 engine companies at the 5th alarm I don't think they really bypassed anyone to relocate them and still keep coverage in Manhattan and the rest of the Bronx...

Whatever.  E5 was relocated to E92.  They caught a good job on Sheridan Av.  Nozzle man went out with burns to his knees, enough said.

squarewheels said:
eng 5 to the bronx!  who? what? how? someone please explain how they can bypass like 25 engines companies to get to them. who is pickin the relocators  wally the buff!

Sometimes beggars can't be choosers. Something to consider, it's 11 at night, and it's a straight run right into the Bronx. Secondly, Manhattan had a job going and was kind of strapped for relocators as it was. I was under the impression they were already halfway uptown as well. Add to that all the wonderful restrictions that are in place when it comes to Midtown Companies.

yeah i just realized eng 5's ocation right next to the fdr drive straight clear shot into the bronx

They could of been out at 1 box than slowley worked there way down so when they were called to act 92 they were close enough to respond if there needed to