Europen Style Sirens in NYC

The unfortunate reality is that the majority of the vehicles that chronically making the member's job more difficult are not actually registered and have "phantom plates" that cannot be traced back to the driver/owner/etc, so the ticket (if its even written) is just thrown on the ground and thats the end of it. The driver, unless they are arrested for whatever infraction, goes completely unpunished, doesn't pay a fine, or has to deal with additional insurance points on their driving record. It is like as if it never happened as far as they are concerned. Maybe if these low lives family member die because an ambulance or fire apparatus cannot get down their block to help them, they will think twice before stoping wherever they please. Then again, they will probably also just turn around and point the finger that the FDNY didn’t do their job, because the idea of personal accountability has also completely gone out the window. They will just continue on doing the same crap day in and day out is my guess.

The unfortunate reality is that the majority of the vehicles that chronically making the member's job more difficult are not actually registered and have "phantom plates" that cannot be traced back to the driver/owner/etc, so the ticket (if its even written) is just thrown on the ground and thats the end of it. The driver, unless they are arrested for whatever infraction, goes completely unpunished, doesn't pay a fine, or has to deal with additional insurance points on their driving record. It is like as if it never happened as far as they are concerned. Maybe if these low lives family member die because an ambulance or fire apparatus cannot get down their block to help them, they will think twice before stoping wherever they please. Then again, they will probably also just turn around and point the finger that the FDNY didn’t do their job, because the idea of personal accountability has also completely gone out the window. They will just continue on doing the same crap day in and day out is my guess.
If we don’t get there fast enough they just get in our face causing a unsafe situation for my partner and I.

See link to article in Staten Island Advance re City Council Bill. Maybe they work in Europe but in NYC its hard enough to get drivers to pull over when an Emergency Vehicle needs to pass. Granted they make alot of noise but that's the purpose !!

Moron politicians...worried bout siren sounds which keep the Brothers & civilians safe but dont worry bout crime, inflation, housing, congestion pricing, etc. What a joke.

Having spent well over 20 years working in Midtown and The Lower East Side in Manhattan the Problem is not the sound of Air Horns and Sirens but the fact drivers and pedestrians simply do not follow the law and are only concerned for themselves. I have had people stand in front of the apparatus forcing us to stop and give us the finger. Air Horn, "Loud Air Horns" are the Only thing that makes much difference. Thay tried the High Low type warning devices in the Greenwich Village area of Manhattan some years ago and THEY DID NOT WORK. The bike lanes and the bus lanes have made responding in NY City a horror, for FDNY, NYPD and EMS. I' love the video of the Bagpiper playing high and low in the firehouse. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired