EXCLUSIVE 1ST VIDEO OF BRAND NEW FDNY RESCUE PARAMEDICS FLY CAR UNIT RM1 07R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7oSrAJjjQ

( FDNY EMS DIVISION - MANHATTAN )  -  EXCLUSIVE 1ST VIDEO OF THE BRAND NEW FDNY RESCUE PARAMEDICS FLY CAR UNIT RM1 GOING INTO SERVICE INTO THE FDNY FLEET FOR THE VERY 1ST TIME IN NEW YORK CITY.  IT IS TRULY THE VERY FIRST OF IT?S KIND.

That unit is assigned to 7 Rescue, the Rescue Medics out of EMS Station 8  (Bellevue). It's a very handsome apparatus, I took a job in with it on NYE.

Anyone know what the story with this unit is?do they plan on replacing all the rescue medics with these and why? And if not what was the point in getting these?

The vehicle is for all rescue medics. Whenever they get an assignment they will be paired with a BLS unit that can transport the patient. ALS will not transport with them unless ALS interventions are needed. Thus freeing themselves up for another job.

Also rumor is that Rescue Medics are going to not do regular ALS runs and only rescue/ HazTac runs, but we'll see if that happens.

THANK YOU for this video and the information that has been posted on this new FDNY/EMS Rescue Medic Unit.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Does anybody know what the car behind the RM 1 unit was in a video where it was responding? It didn't look like any vehicle ever seen before in the FDNY fleet.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Brooklynalex32 said:
Ford explorers. The haztac battalion has a regular cheif/conditions vehicle
Thanks, I knew that the battalion had 1 of the pickups like the other battalion/division chiefs do. I guess I just assumed that the lieutenants had the same vehicle also.