Exposures 1/2/3/4

Typically when I listen to FDNY fires I hear them label the exposures 1, 2, 3, and 4. Do they label them that way clockwise? Basically, the front of the structure is exposure 1, the left side of the structure is exposure 2, the rear is exposure 3, and so on. Don't know if they do it differently.

Here we do the sides of the structure using the phonetic alphabet.  The front is Alpha, the left side is Bravo, the rear is Charlie, and the right side is Delta. If someone could clarify that would be wonderful!  :D

FairfaxFirePhotography said:
Typically when I listen to FDNY fires I hear them label the exposures 1, 2, 3, and 4. Do they label them that way clockwise? Basically, the front of the structure is exposure 1, the left side of the structure is exposure 2, the rear is exposure 3, and so on. Don't know if they do it differently.

Here we do the sides of the structure using the phonetic alphabet.  The front is Alpha, the left side is Bravo, the rear is Charlie, and the right side is Delta. If someone could clarify that would be wonderful!  :D
Correct, with Exposure 1 being the front of the building, 2 is to the left, 3 is the rear, and 4 is the right. Also, with Exposure 2 being the left, 2A is the next one to the left, followed by 2B, etc.