Extreme Model Building in Germany

That's the Miniature Wonderland in Hamburg, Germany. It's the largest "Model Railroad" in the world, all in HO scale(1:87 Scale) and takes up an entire massive factory. They have running vehicles, boats, lights, planes, etc. They even have a replica of Mount Everest(I believe it's 5 stories high).

That's fascinating, and I'd love to see it.  But I think the best miniature park in the world is Madurodam, a 5-Acre park in The Hague, Netherlands.  It's in 1/25 scale, and has models of Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam), container ships on & off-loading, working railroads, and models of most of the most famous buildings in Holland.  I could spend all day there.

Madurodam.JPG

800px-Madurodam_Schiphol_airport_planes.jpg

http://www.madurodam.nl/en/

truck4

Administrator
Every country I've been to in Europe has had great die cast shops. Much more popular over there and all the great makers are based in Europe. Even the regular toy stores have far more on the shelves than here in the States.

truck4 said:
Every country I've been to in Europe has had great die cast shops. Much more popular over there and all the great makers are based in Europe. Even the regular toy stores have far more on the shelves than here in the States.
That's true, truck4. When I was younger, I was really into HO scale model railroading. A lot of HO model railroaders come from Europe, and model their train layouts after American railroads. Also, most of the model train companies are based in Europe, particularly the ones that makes details, figures, and such.