FD pays 975k for fire truck it won’t see until 2026

We have been waiting 2 years for a quick attack and a tanker from Rosenbauer. We have two more behind them. They won't even give date.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I keep hearing stories like this but have yet to hear a reason for. Is it people shortages, delay in delivery of auxiliary pieces of the apparatus or what? I don't think that much more do apparatus is being bought unless it's because of a huge influx of federal money.

I keep hearing stories like this but have yet to hear a reason for. Is it people shortages, delay in delivery of auxiliary pieces of the apparatus or what? I don't think that much more do apparatus is being bought unless it's because of a huge influx of federal money.
I agree. I would love to know the true reason(s) for these delays. Detroit is back on track after chip shortages and vehicles are filling up the lots once again. The appliance shortage appears to have resolved. As you said, are they having trouble finding skilled labor?

The icing on the cake is that there will be another EPA update for exhaust emissions around 2026. Cummins has already announced the new X10 motor to replace the L9 and X12 as a result.

Pierce has unofficially retired the Arrow XT chassis due to the new motor not being able to fit. They've stopped taking orders already because an order placed today won't be delivered until after the new EPA regulations take effect.

Pierce engines are going for around a million and trucks between $1.5 and $2 million. I'm also hearing an Aerialscope is up to around $2.5 million loaded up. They were around $1.5 million not too long ago.

The icing on the cake is that there will be another EPA update for exhaust emissions around 2026. Cummins has already announced the new X10 motor to replace the L9 and X12 as a result.

Pierce has unofficially retired the Arrow XT chassis due to the new motor not being able to fit. They've stopped taking orders already because an order placed today won't be delivered until after the new EPA regulations take effect.

Pierce engines are going for around a million and trucks between $1.5 and $2 million. I'm also hearing an Aerialscope is up to around $2.5 million loaded up. They were around $1.5 million not too long ago.
Thanks for the update and insight. In addition to the Arrow XT, I heard that Pierce was also putting the Quantum cab out to the pasture. Any truth to that ? Stay well brother.

Thanks for the update and insight. In addition to the Arrow XT, I heard that Pierce was also putting the Quantum cab out to the pasture. Any truth to that ? Stay well brother.
They are scrapping the Quantum too. My guess is low demand. I think the Velocity has become a far more popular option for the 100" wide cab.

One of the causes passed along to us by our salesman was a lack of parts. They had a long long time supplier for their AC units who just up and closed their doors. They had to re-engineer a bunch of stuff just based on that.

I saw an ad relating that Pierce was now offering Paccar (makers of Kenworth and Peterbilt) MX engines as stock power engine

I saw an ad relating that Pierce was now offering Paccar (makers of Kenworth and Peterbilt) MX engines as stock power engine
I believe they added Paccar as an alternative option to Cummins when Detroit bailed on the fire apparatus market. Pierce has an exclusive partnership with Detroit up until then.

2026 EPA changes are impacting the fire service / apparatus industry already. There is a run on Cummins L9 engines to get in front of the new standards. Fie apparatus manufacturers have been put on allocation. Apparently X12 availability is better and that is being offered as an appropriate alternative. Of course there is an upcharge.