FDNY 60 - black Range Rover

I found this picture in a link posted by Lionheart. He made it during his visit to NYC.
Is this really a FDNY rig and what is it used for ?

If you could read the plate on front of the vehicle you could run it throuh DMV

It looks like it has flashlights in the front and behind the window. Is that allowed on personal vehicles?

Too bad the licenceplate is not readable but is the FDNY 60 not an official plate ?

Dont think a firefighter would be driving a car like that to work or even be able to afford that, at least not any I know. LOL!!!

Picture was taken on may 16th, 2007 in front of the New York Hilton Hotel.
There was an official event at the Hilton Ball room on this evening.
Also at may 16th, there was the official 100 year anniversary for Ladder 33 in the Bronx to which i was invited from a former L33 member and very good friend of mine.
If i remember right, that guy which drive the car was also at the 100 year celebration and was a liaison officer with NYPD.
Hope that helps!
If someone is interested in the car assignments following the link, you will get a good overview http://www.n2nov.net/FDNYCarAssignments.html 
Hope the list isn't to old. A newer one, but shorter you can find on the site of the fire bell club http://www.firebellclub.org/cars.html

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

Maybe a fire investigators under cover take home vehicle.  Poss the for the chief fire marshall and btw there is no car 60 in the fdny

Could it belong to a vollie Chief on LI or NJ. I know when I first vollied in Huntington the 3rd and 2nd Asst Chief used there own vehicles.

Accidentally found this one with a readable license plate. I think it's the same car maybe even on the same spot.

Don't think the plate is an official FDNY plate is it?

rdm258 said:
Could it belong to a vollie Chief on LI or NJ. I know when I first vollied in Huntington the 3rd and 2nd Asst Chief used there own vehicles.

THAT COULD BE HEMPSTEAD CHIEF

B

Bigandy

rdm258 said:
Dont think a firefighter would be driving a car like that to work or even be able to afford that, at least not any I know. LOL!!!

HAHA not on these meager salaries