FDNY 900 series Car numbers anyone?

Does anyone out there have a list of FDNY 900 series EMS cars cause there seems to be a lot of them?  Are these Supervisors, Conditions Cars?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I was looking for a list if those EMS cars with a 9## number and more information about them but thanks firefreak for trying to help.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
The 900 number is the vehicle number used for logging into the cad.

Look at the star of life for the unit number.

Unfortunately I'm not in NYC to do that but from what I've seen on YouTube there are some in the 970-990 series but don't know if they are fluid ir if they skip some numbers, I appreciate people's input so far though.

As was stated above, the 900 numbers are just vehicle numbers for mdt log-ons. When we had the GMC's back in the late 90's - early 2000's they were 800 number series. Way back when in the 80's, the GMC Jimmy's were 600 number series.

All Great Answers, Except - The Question of Who actually Uses the Vehicles, I Think; Remains Unanswered ... ?

I Assume it is E.M.S. Field Supervisors ...?  :-\

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
FDNY EMS by Emergency_Vehicles, on Flickr

If you look at this car you will see 08 in the star of life. So this would be Conditions 8 which is out of Station 8 in midtown and would cover Fire Battalion 8's response area.

If there are no number in the star of life the unit could be used by just about anyone.  ALS Coordinators, Captain, Chiefs, etc.  The 900 numbers have no system that would be of any use trying to track.  They can change at anytime, they do have a shops number which would remain with the vehicle like FM15002 or something.

STAjo: your right nobody has answered who thry are.  Maybe someone can?

Furthermore, who drives the Alpha borough commander cars?

BCR

Car 5 - EMS chief, Car 5A - asst chief EMS
Car 5B-5F - EMS div chiefs
Car 5N-5S - EMS dep chiefs